Computer Operations Responsibilities:
- Schedules, supervises, monitors and gives instruction to less experienced colleagues in all aspects of current and correct operational practice.
- Delegates responsibility for carrying out specific tasks to individuals as appropriate.
- Ensures that all tasks and procedures are carried out effectively and efficiently to agreed levels of service or specific requirements of service level agreements.
- Works with others, including user representatives, facilities managers and contractors, to plan, schedule and supervise all maintenance and installation work associated with the system.
- Ensures that procedures are followed, particularly those relating to safety and security.
- Uses all available software or specialist monitoring tools to maintain awareness and control of the hardware and software.
- Identifies and rectifies the full range of operational exceptions and error conditions and manages sensibly and responsibly the resolution of unexpected or extraordinary events or incidents.
- Ensures that users, specialists and others are kept informed of progress and status using appropriate methods.
- Provides verbal and written technical reports to specialists on aspects of system status.
- Provides non-technical reports to users and managers.
- Manages the response to inquiries by users, specialists and others, prioritizing as necessary, and dealing with the full range of problems, only escalating those which need specialist or management attention.
Systems Integration Responsibilities:
- Develops integration plans, including estimates, to ensure the effective and efficient integration of system components.
- Provides expert knowledge of all issues associated with the integration of systems and system components and their interfaces.
- Liaises with other technical areas and clients to gain their understanding and agreement of system integration plans.
Produces reports as required by management and clients.
- Reviews and develops standards and procedures for the effective integration of systems.
- Acts as a champion for all system integration and test issues for a given project.
Skills Relevant to position:
Virtual Server System Administration
Microsoft Server 2008 - 2012 -2016 +
Linux (SUSE or Red Hat a Plus)
ITIL Processes - (Incident Mgmt, Change Mgmt, Request Management, Problem Management), Remedy Ticking System (CISM)
Mcafee Antivirus Console knowledge
SCCM vNext experience/ VmWare VCM vRealize Patching/Deployment
Networker - Backup and Recovery.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Systems Integration: 2 years (Preferred)
- IT Operations: 3 years (Preferred)