The Finance Director is responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of the finance department. Reviews proposed financial plans for completeness, accuracy, conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives. Develop new tools and analysis, independently and collaboratively, to provide insights into business trends.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides day-to-day supervision of the department’s workflow.
- Oversees the processing of all accounts receivable and payables.
- Oversees the month end close.
- Processes monthly payroll and benefits journal entries.
- Supports the operations of human resources as it relates to third party benefit plans.
- Assists with annual budget preparation, justification of budget request, modification, and ongoing monitoring to track state and department performance measures.
- Monthly monitoring of state office expenditures and revenues; communicating position status to senior management.
- Review and make recommendations on state and department budget proposals and budget allocations to ensure conformance to budgetary limits as it relates to events.
- Analyzes accounting records to ensure organization and government funding policies and regulations are adhered to.
- Develop and maintain budget monitoring models such as trend analysis and financial position reporting.
- Assists Senior Vice President, Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Strong Excel and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Possesses broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues.
POLICY ON PLACEMENT AND RECRUITMENT
The Batten Group and Best Buddies International are equal opportunity employers committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status or any other basis that is prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time