Hands-on Purchasing & Inventory Specialist will evaluate scope, time, and cost for purchasing function, through assertive negotiation of prices and schedules for efficient and timely delivery of goods and services; create control documents and repeatable processes; and perform quality control and consistent improvement of buyer procedures through interface across all departments, including weaponry, production, maintenance, inventory, engineering, R&D, and administration. Responsibilities will also include shipping/receiving and maintaining inventory.
- Manage data inputs into Material Requirements Planning system, keep MRP system information accurate/current, process PR based on CK procedure
- Purchase Order placement and administration (including but not limited to backup management/maintenance of Open PO Report)
- Clarify needs with internal departments, stakeholders, and external suppliers to assure timely deliveries
- Inbound logistics from suppliers: work with CK forwarders to arrange shipments from supplier or RAM products
- Follow items through to receiving in CK warehouse
- Shipping/Receiving: prepare pack-outs for shipment to designated site; receive, unpack, inspect, document, and disseminate received materials
- Process received shipments through MRP system
- Communicate supply and quality issues to management
- Process RMA and any equipment exchanges/returns
- Assist Purchasing & Inventory Manager with on-site HQ inventory and off-site Air Rail Avenue inventory
- Suggest and maintain stocking levels; input and maintain inventory stocking levels for raw materials
- Maintain order and cleanliness of warehouse, accurate inventory, and proper storage of received materials; retrieve inventory items upon request and adjust counts
- Provide paper or electronic copies of all purchased items to Accounting and Operations
- Gain proficiency in and stay abreast of CK technical offerings, successes, and breakthroughs; and identify/develop opportunities to apply such capabilities to client requirements
- Maintain a positive company image and fosters supplier relations
- Maintain a professional approach to performing duties, including full awareness and compliance of applicable Federal Procurement and Corporate Business Ethics Codes and Regulations
- Establish and maintain "value-added" working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective, efficient, and integrated implementation of CK business development strategies
- Perform as a professional steward of CK resources and reputation in the execution of all assigned duties
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of skills, experience, and coursework
- Ability to collaborate with all teams
- Organizational and time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good understanding of finance
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Strong leadership skills
- Outstanding ability to sell
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Project Management experience
- Excellent understanding of procurement, administration, and logistics
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, particularly Excel
- The worker may occasionally be subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions, noise, vibration, and hazards such as moving mechanical parts, dust, and high places. The worker may be required to function in close quarters and narrow aisles or passageways.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Worker may be required to perform physical activities including climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motion.
- Close visual acuity may be required to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines.
- Worker may occasionally be required to lift or move objects weighing up to 50 lb.
- Some travel may occasionally be required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Conflict Kinetics Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $51,000.00 /year
- Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Inventory: 1 year (Required)
- Purchasing: 1 year (Required)