Reporting to the 3rd Shift Production Supervisor. The Co-Pack Line Associate’s primary responsibility will be packaging, labeling and weighing items into retail selling units in accordance with pre-established pack sizes, and customer requirements. The Co-Pack Line Associate is also responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and safe environment.
- Assembling cardboard trays, cartons and displays.
- Assemble products according to appropriate pack sizes and customer requirements.
- Label product according to customer specifications.
- Inspect product and remove any and all material that does not meet quality requirements.
- Loading and offloading cardboard onto production lines.
- Assembling cardboard trays and displays.
- Filling assembled displays with various retail products.
- Check and assemble product according to customer order requirements.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe environment.
- Clean up and dispose of garbage and debris in proper containers or designated areas as required.
- Demonstrate respect for the organization’s values on a daily basis, while maintaining and upholding company policies & procedures.
- Assist with other areas of the business as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 1 year warehouse experience in a General Labor or Production related position
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Service orientated with strong customer service skills and commitment to quality of work.
- Strong team player.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills - able to follow instructions.
- Strong attention to detail with good math skills.
- Must have a keen eye for accuracy and quality.
“OUR WAY” CULTURE – (TEAM | CUSTOMER | COMPANY | WORLD)
- As a team member works collaboratively with Metro employees in a team-oriented environment.
- Exceptional customer service attitude.
- Looks for ways to say “Yes” to the customer (internal and external).
- Promote and support team member driven social initiatives.
- Follow established processes and achieve customer Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Commitment to quality of work.
- Approachable, positive interpersonal style.
- Maintain open honest relationships.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Without compromise maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Follows the Occupational Health and Safety Act including Safety, Violence and Harassment laws.
- Reports any hazards in the workplace to management.
- Must not use or operate equipment in a manner that would endanger self or others.
- Must not put other workers at risk by their actions.
- Ensures safety accident and incidents are immediately reported to management.
- Completes daily Material Handling Equipment (MHE) audits identifying any possible safety hazards.
- Productivity, Accuracy & Quality
- As defined by operational goals.
- Arrives at the shift briefing meeting place on-time and ready to begin work.
- Team Members arrive and leave work at their scheduled time on each scheduled day.
- Wears appropriate clothing including PPE and Metro Team Wear.
- Full Compliance with Safe MHE Operating Procedures document.
Some High School, preferably a High School Diploma
- Able to lift, on average 40 lbs, repetitively and safely.
- Must be comfortable to work in cold temperature between 14 - 16 degrees Celsius
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
2nd shift: $0.75/hr.
3rd shift" $1.25/hr.