About Karagozian and Case, Inc.
Karagozian and Case, Inc. (K&C) is an internationally recognized science and engineering consulting firm founded in 1945 with a focus on creating custom engineered solutions for extreme environments. K&C’s mission is to engineer specialized solutions and products for the defense, space, energy, security, construction, and manufacturing industries. K&C’s rapidly growing practice areas include: 1) applied research and testing, 2) modeling, simulation, and analysis, 3) product and software development, 4) protective design engineering, and 5) threat vulnerability assessments.
K&C is seeking an experienced professional for its new Director of Operations. We are seeking an energetic, organized, and people-oriented professional to direct operations at the company. The Director of Operations will report directly to the CEO, work and collaborate with the Vice-President and Corporate Officers, in order to organize and direct a growing team of talented scientists and engineers. The candidate will regularly solve operational and logistical challenges spanning human resources, staffing and scheduling, and facilities/equipment.
- Report directly to the CEO.
- Host regular (weekly at a minimum) meetings with the Vice-President and Corporate Offices responsible for business development, finances, IT resources, human resources, and project managers (for both internal and external projects).
- Direct operations for the company based on these meetings, which currently consists of operating a team of 20-30+ personnel.
- Direct and manage company staffing and scheduling in an environment with evolving or emerging requirements.
- Develop and manage a company-wide operations calendar that encompasses internal and external projects, project deliverables and deadlines, and corporate deadlines.
- Develop and maintain project management plans for projects in coordination with the project managers.
- Manage human resources and create a growth and retention strategy. Be available to support or delegate support to each of the team members.
- Manage Information Technology resources and create an IT management and sustainment plan.
- Administrative staff will be direct reports to this position.
- Nurture and enhance the existing company culture in company meetings, functions, and social events.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or other degree relevant to job duties.
- Experience and leadership in a service-oriented company or organization.
- High emotional intelligence and conflict resolution skills. Human resource background is a plus.
- Have demonstrated success working a fast-paced environment.
- Have demonstrated ability to collaborate and delegate to persons with different personalities.
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience with administrating a business and/or finances is preferred.
- Experience working with scientists and engineers is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time