Beaver Country Day School in Chestnut Hill, MA seeks a Personnel & Business Manager to begin work on June 1, 2018. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Personnel & Business Manager is responsible for payroll and benefit administration, compliance with state and federal regulations relating to payroll and benefits, and some accounting and business office tasks as assigned by the CFO.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the school’s payroll and benefits administration including: health & dental insurance, 403b contributions, disability & life insurance, flexible spending accounts, workers’ compensation, unemployment compensation, and FMLA administration
- Process journal entries in the accounting system for payroll and benefit transactions, and other business office entries as needed
- Ensure compliance with state and federal and state regulations relating to payroll and benefits
- Communicate with staff regarding renewals and changes to benefits. Conduct annual employee trainings.
- Coordinate employee recruitment
- Process new employee paperwork and enrollments
- Prepare schedules for year-end audit, retirement plan audit, form 5500, and tax filings.
- Issue W2s and 1099’s
- Other tasks and projects in the business office as assigned by the CFO
- Bachelor’s degree (business or accounting a plus)
- Payroll and benefits experience required
- PHR or SHRM preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of applicable personnel laws and regulations
- Strong analytical & computation skills and high proficiency with technology
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a service-oriented manner with a variety of members of the school community
- Commitment to the institution’s needs; willingness to help at all levels to get the job done
- Must enjoy working in a youth-centered academic environment
- Flexibility and sense of humor
Candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to Joanne McDaniel, Associate Director of Finance. Please includePersonnel & Business Managerin the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time