Temporary position July 2018 - February 2019
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Temporary Event Assistant for SMG/TIAA Field. Responsible for providing facility and event related assistance for NFL and College Football games and other events. The Event Assistant participates in planning, coordination and administration to the SMG Facility and Event Staff at TIAA Bank Field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, type, organize and file facility and event related correspondence
- Provide assistance in the following areas: stadium events, football game support and pre and post-game activities, other special events and guest services programs
- Conduct walk-through inspections of facility areas
- Follow-up on Operational issues as assigned
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly organized, able to manage time effectively
- Manage multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Must have attention to detail
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Must be results driven
- Must be able to work independently within a team environment
- Must have a valid driver's license
Education and/or Experience
- Event experience is strongly preferred
- 2 years customer service experience preferred
Note The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
300 A. Philip Randolph Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 904-630-0334
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.