Amphenol Fiber Optic Products is a premier manufacturer of optical interconnect products. Headquartered in Lisle, Illinois, the company is a division of Amphenol Corporation, a Fortune 500 company with over seventy years of experience in providing total interconnect solutions to customers throughout the world. Currently we are seeking a Jr. Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team in Lisle, IL. The Jr. ME has primary responsibility for the development, implementation, and management of engineering efforts through direct personal design work and team-specific projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Improve, maintain and cost reduce sustaining products and programs.
- Design and evaluate new products, analyze and determine cost objectives for tooling and plastic molding, within the scope of sales and marketing objectives.
- Provide technical support for the development phase of new programs and prototype projects.
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles to design plastics, die cast, and machined parts to broaden the component portfolio.
- Utilize necessary software tools (i.e. ACAD and/or SolidWorks) in design development and documentation.
- Use creativity to bring market-leading products and concepts through the engineering design process and successfully transfer to production
- Translate customer requirements into products and successfully transfer it to production.
- Flexi Design and evaluate new products, within the scope of sales and marketing objectives ability, multitasking, and managing deadlines with a positive attitude are required
- Provide first line engineering support to manufacturing departments.
- Support Amphenol’s worldwide manufacturing facilities as necessary.
- Provide strong program / project leadership when working in a team environment.
- Responsible for preventing production problems that would cause shipment delays.
- Evaluate and justify the integration of new machines, manufacturing technologies and equipment.
- Ensure that all manufacturing procedures, drawings, and documentation are correct, understood, and followed by the production departments. Designs/Develops tools and fixtures to aid in the assembly and test of products.
- Work with engineering team to transfer and release new products and/or processes to full-scale production.
- Use best practices with regards to engineering documentation, project tasks and ISO 9001-QMS procedures.
- Develop qualification test requirements for Optical related and products.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance in determining the reliability requirements of optical interconnects.
- Assist purchase department technical support with Suppliers.
- Promote Amphenol products and assist customers in application specific projects and programs.
- Control expenses appropriate to performance, processing, materials, and product specifications.
- Understand and follow applicable Company practices, policies and procedures.
- Travel as required. Both to customers and also in support of manufacturing facilities.
- Evaluate product, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability.
- Customer corrective action system.
- Quality assurance and compliance reporting (e.g. FDA filings).
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Special projects and other tasks as required by manager.
A qualified candidate will be pro-active, detail-oriented, energetic, and possess these requirements:
- 1-3 years experience in design/engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education/relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad a must, SolidWorks a plus.
- Analytical/modeling software and ERP systems.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning Tolerance per ANSI standards.
- Familiar with CSA and UL requirements.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Team player, critical thinker, problem solver.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally (Mexico, China), as needed.
- Technical aptitude in fiber optic technology a plus.
- Demonstrates mastery in ISO 9001 QMS.
For more information on Amphenol Fiber Optic Products, please visit our website at http://www.amphenol-fiberoptics.com/aboutus.asp. We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision, 401k plan with match, sick and vacation allowance, and paid holidays.
Amphenol Fiber Optic Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin).
The candidate must be able to legally work in the United States as we are unable to provide sponsorship.
No relocation is available with this position. No agency calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- design/engineering: 3 years (Required)