Under supervision, acts as a liaison between customer account managers, plants and affiliate personnel in coordinating and managing daily inside sales issues. Evaluates issues and provides resolution. Supports sales department members in day to day activities as needed.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal customers to address and resolve daily issues, gather information, focus on customer trends, related pertinent information back to account managers.
- Compiles, prepares, reviews, and submits customer metrics and related information. Ensures sales, marketing, and manufacturing internal contacts are apprised of our metric performance and corrective actions.
- Follows up and assists with the resolution of Accounts Receivable related issues.
- Ensures accuracy and completion of all related paperwork (purchase orders, airfreight bills, etc.).
- Support and assist Vice Presidents, Directors, and Account Managers as needed.
- Develops and supports marketing activities including but not limited to websites, social media, product demonstrations, tradeshows, etc.
- Support and make recommendations to improve Company policies and procedures.
- Further the goals and positive, professional image of the Powertrain Body and Chassis Department by analyzing current processes, procedures and systems and makes recommendations for improvement for own job.
- Maintains customer pricing and tooling lists.
- Serves as an account administrator for websites and work accounts.
- Performs research in support of the general business activity.
- Maintains department meeting reports.
- Assists in other activities as needed.
- Some travel required to support trade shows and other off-site meetings.
For Quality and applicable site specific Environmental Systems,
the associate is responsible for understanding:
- MEAA’s policy and be able to fully discuss the importance of the policy and how his/her job can impact the customer and the environment.
- The risks and consequences associated with deviating from management system procedures and the effect this can have on his/her employment at MEAA.
- Associates responsible for conformity to product requirements have the authority to stop shipment and stop production to correct quality problems.
- The associate has the responsibility and authority to immediately inform supervision or management if another associate or department deviates from proper practices that may impact safety, quality, or the environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business (Marketing, Accounting, General Business) or related area, plus a minimum of two years of departmental or executive administrative experience, or equivalent.
- Written, verbal, and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Japanese Language Skills considered a plus.
- Computer literate, especially in Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with ERP systems desirable such as JD Edwards.