Job Summary and Mission
Have you aspired to work on a brand in a dynamic category for a globally compelling consumer brand? Are you a self-starter, who enjoys being entrepreneurial and resourceful, and operating with autonomy and independence? Do you thrive on getting close to consumers and looking for creative and impactful ways to engage with them and change their purchase behavior? Do you love crafting marketing and business strategies that drive market share and long-term growth? If so – being a Product Manager on the Starbucks coffee business with Nestlé Coffee Partners might be the perfect role for you!
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Business Analytics, Reporting & Storytelling:
Product Renovation & Innovation:
- Manages new item launch performance against business against operating plans and budgets. Tracks, analyzes and communicates product and program performance vs. expectations. Provides meaningful insight and recommends action plans to address variances in performance against annual plan.
- Supports qualitative and quantitative research to develop a deeper understanding of innovation in-market performance, with recommended actions for application.
- Merges trends and other primary and secondary forms of research with fact based business insights to arrive at sound strategic recommendations. Uses data to tell a logical story.
- Creates and presents the business case for new programs to support growth strategies. Makes recommendations regarding program objectives and strategy
- Leads on going competitive new-item tracking, including initiating supplementary deeps dives when necessary, to highlight risks and identify emerging opportunities.
- Assists in the development & management of annual marketing budgets, including optimization recommendations based on delivery against defined objectives.
Marketing & Promotions:
- Leads cross-functional and/or cross-channel teams to develop new products and product-related marketing opportunities, from concept to commercialization.
- Creates and owns a variety of new product business cases, making recommendations on objectives, assortment, pricing & profitability, packaging and lifecycle management.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage projects on time and on budget, as well as sound decision-making abilities around investment alternatives balancing risks and returns.
- Applies insights from market research and analytics to identify near-term and long-term renovation and innovation opportunities in support of the brand’s overall strategy.
Summary of Experience:
- Flawlessly implements and executes marketing strategies/programs on an as needed basis to support product/business objectives.
- Applies data-based performance insights from Marketing Mix Analysis in support of delivering strong program/product specific ROI
- Progressive experience in product or brand management (2-4 years)
- Leading or assisting in development of product concepts, from conception through implementation (2 years)
- MBA preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree or 4+ years of US military experience
- 2+ years of experience in a role supporting marketing, brand management or product management
- 1+ years of experience in a professional role managing a budget
- 2+ years of experience in a role leading the development of new or existing products or strategies from conception to implementation
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Consistently uses communications skills to influence outcomes.
- May require ability to work cross-culturally.
- Ability to confidently present objectives and desired outcomes to leadership and cross functional teams.
- Ability to influencing others without authority to get things done in a timely fashion.
- Ability to write compelling presentations and succinct emails.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Working knowledge of financial planning, forecasting, assortment planning and inventory management.
- Ability to build a level of trust and respect amongst peer group. Recognizes the importance of solid relationships.
- Ability to resolve issues or debates independently in most situations.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.