Ankura is an expert services firm defined by HOW we solve challenges. Whether a client is facing an immediate business challenge, trying to increase the value of their company or protect against future risks, Ankura designs, develops, and executes tailored solutions by assembling the right combination of expertise. We build on this experience with every case, client, and situation, collaborating to create innovative, customized solutions, and strategies designed for today’s ever-changing business environment. This gives our clients unparalleled insight and experience across a wide range of economic, governance, and regulatory challenges. At Ankura, we know that collaboration drives results.
Forensic Accounting and Claims Consulting Summer Intern
Ankura’s Forensic Accounting and Claims Consulting (FACC) practice focuses on assisting corporations in the quantification and presentation of first party insurance claims as a result of a covered loss. Commonly this entails the calculation of business interruption and extra expense losses. The FACC practice works with its clients to build financial models that quantify these insured losses, and then assists in the claim audit and settlement processes.
- Design financial and accounting models that quantify business interruption, extra expense, property damage, product recall, and employee fidelity insurance claim losses on the policy holder’s behalf including revenue and expense forecasting
- Prepare annual business interruption and property renewal values for companies in various industries
- Analyze financial statements and other pertinent documentation
- Develop sensitivity analyses related to loss measurements
- Reconciliation of claim amounts to accounting systems and to insurers’ calculations
- Simultaneously participate on multiple engagements with varying project size and scope
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related business field with an expected graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
- Strong computer and data management skills (Excel, Access and Microsoft Word)
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail and strong organizational/time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to quality and working within a team
- Effective written and oral communication skills
Ankura is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment Opportunities at Ankura are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential function of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This Equal Employment opportunity governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.