Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Blue Lava empowers security executives to manage the business of security. We are an early-stage startup located in the heart of Silicon Valley that is on a mission to build the industry’s first end-to-end business application platform for security. The Blue Lava platform guides security executives to assess, strategize, and mature their cybersecurity program through software.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to be one of the first on the ground floor of developing this first-in-class platform and a best-in-class engineering team. You will focus on building a SaaS application to allow collecting data from clients, providing a clear representation of a company’s current security posture, and guiding the client on where to best invest their time and resources.
- Build and manage applications to support the needs of the team and our customers
- Take full ownership of a product or feature from design to launch
- Write tests for the software you write to ensure we deliver a scalable and reliable product
- 5 years of professional experience in Ruby on Rails
- Experience designing and developing applications that expose or integrate with RESTful APIs
- Ability to analyze and breakdown complex problems and come up with inventive, elegant solutions
- Have an opinion on microservices, hexagonal architecture, and 12-factor applications
- Experience building and deploying applications in AWS or another cloud environment
- Building visualizations in D3
- Experience working on relational databases (such as Postgres or MySQL) and/or graph databases (such as Neo4j)
- Experience in building enterprise applications
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as React.js, Ember.js, etc.
- Background knowledge in security topics such as OWASP Top 10
- Previous experience in an Agile, DevOps environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $166,000.00 per year
- Ruby on Rails: 5 years (Required)
- Do you now or will you in the future require visa sponsorship? Yes or No?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Parental leave
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
- Only full-time employees eligible