Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
This professional will manage a procurement function which includes strategy development and sourcing of all of the company’s Indirect sourcing categories, including: Consumables, Consulting, Information Technology (hardware and software), Human Resources, Facilities Management, Marketing, Outsourced Services, Travel, etc. This role requires deep functional expertise within the procurement arena, excellent negotiation skills, a strong understanding of leading sourcing and contracting and the ability to utilize effective partnering strategies across the organization and with key vendors.
This position will be based in Port Washington, NY.
- Set overall procurement strategy for all Indirect company spend
- Establish go forward vision for procurement function
- Lead negotiations with manage relationships key vendors
- Partner with business leadership to ensure business unit procurement needs/requirements are met
- Direct procurement goals and metrics and monitor progress
- Lead strategic growth opportunities and business alignment
- Manage resources effectively to support, develop and execute initiatives that reduce cost, manage risk and support innovation and quality
- Establish organizational capabilities to track performance and effectiveness of procurement staff
- Approve and lead the distribution and enforcement of procurement policies and procedures
- Identify opportunities to enhance value, measure performance, and enhance consistency of services provided
- Manage and administer strategic supply chain activities
- Ensure that maximum cost savings are achieved while also maintaining a high product/service quality baseline
- 10+ years of experience in purchasing, contract negotiation, strategic alliance development and competitive cost and price analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master of Business Administration or equivalent credentials preferred
- Significant experience in a similar procurement leadership role
- eProcurement and eSourcing knowledge and experience, NetSuite knowledge and experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office systems
- Excellent negotiation and contract skills
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent ability to communicate with internal business partners and suppliers
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.