Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Route Sales Professional
This role is based in Maspeth NY, with routes in Brooklyn and Queens
· Newly created position for major growth and expansion of Bimbo Bakeries USA Snack business – Takis, Barcel, Marinela, Watz, & more!
· Salary to start, commission to come with building client base
· Excellent benefits with low premiums - medical, dental & vision
· Company sponsored Health & Wellness Program, Gym cost reimbursement, and discount program
Route Sales Professional Position Summary:
Our Sales Center is located in Maspeth, and routes in Brooklyn
M-F 4am and 5am start times
At Bimbo Bakeries USA you are not just a Route Sales Representative, but a Route Sales PROFESSIONAL that acts as the face of BBU in the market to our customers and clients while selling and delivering fresh baked products to retail customers, restaurants, and institutions.
The Route Sales Professional’s primary focus is to maximize and grow sales through building strong customer relationships, driving and contributing to profitable sales growth, and provide sales-related customer service that exceeds expectations.
Route Sales Professional Key Job Responsibilities:
· Analyze sales data to drive effective decisions in the marketplace and grow brand recognition
· Increase sales volumes and market penetration through world-class direct store delivery (DSD) tactics and methods.
· Drive in store product representation with seamless execution of company and brand promotions while ensuring racks are set in accordance with customer guidelines
· Identify and take action towards growth opportunities by soliciting new customers, increasing promotional displays and developing sales leads in the territory
· Performs merchandising and rotation of all products to ensure the best quality and freshness of our products.
· Introduces new products and services to maximize sales and shelf space within existing accounts and when soliciting new customers.
· Responsible for inventory counts and placing accurate product orders in the order management tool on a hand held device to increase freshness and product variety
· Conduct daily route settlement procedures to account for all products, invoices, and cash.
· Drives company route truck safely; safely loads and unloads the truck.
· Correctly completes DOT logs and submits other documentation, paperwork and deposits on time.
Schedule Hiring for:
· Shift Start Time: Varies
· Must be flexible on days/hours to best meet customer and business needs
Route Sales Professional Qualifications:
· Education: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is preferred.
· Experience: 3-5 years of related experience in direct sales (previous experience in DSD (Direct Store Delivery) or route sales is a plus).
· A valid driver’s license is required and ability to obtain and retain a DOT Medical card.
· Excellent customer service abilities required and account management skills are a plus.
· Computer skills and proficiency is required.
· Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
· Physical Requirements: ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis, climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods, and routinely enter and exit a delivery vehicle.
Internal Job Title: Route Sales Professional
Keywords: Route Sales Representative, Route Sales, Route Driver, Route Jumper, Route Reliever, Route Relief, Delivery Driver, Driver, RSR,
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class C standard (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Home Time policy:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity