SENIOR RISK MANAGEMENT ANALYST
A career with AAA Northern California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and Mountain West is unique, just like you. We’re a mission-driven Member services organization. We have a saying here at AAA that we aspire to be America’s most trusted organization absolutely famous for doing the right thing. With more than four million Members, our purpose is to bring peace of mind to Members so that they can enjoy life more.
We work hard to create an environment where you can thrive and where you use your skills and talents to help us deliver legendary Member service. You’ll help have a positive impact on the diverse communities we serve, too.
The Senior Risk Management Analyst will play a critical role in the department in ensuring the insurance language in all contracts is adequate and appropriate. In addition, the Risk Management Analyst will support incident management by responding to inquiries from the Department of Insurance, E&O complaints and branch/HQ/other incidents. They will produce management and external reporting via the incident data base and maintain/improve the incident management database. They will be the point person for ERS insurance and GIG insurance. This analyst will also manage the various Risk Management Mailboxes and perform various duties as needed.
Insurance language in vendor contracts
Review and provide appropriate language for vendor contracts
Follow-up with procurement to ensure final language included in contracts is appropriate
Partner with the legal team as needed
DOI claims, E&O claims and other incidents
Create claim file by gathering appropriate background information
Obtain requested information:
agent statement and/or call recordings
Manage communication between required parties
Engage internal or external legal counsel per prescribed process
Maintain and respond to email inquiries via our Risk Management mailboxes
File claims with ESIS as needed; handle required follow-up
Update the incident database
Produce regular reporting
Partner with GIG to ensure correct # of cars, members and employees on list for Zurich each month
Validate invoices (Zurich and CSAA), submit to AP invoices and follow-up to ensure payment was completed/received
Update coverage for incremental growth areas
Develop process with GIG operations and fixed assets to handle claims, damaged and/or totaled cars
Partner with ERS to review and approve insurance requirements for new ERS vendors in Docusign
Partner with ERS and Legal to stay in sync on insurance language for Mountain West Group
Maintain the Statement of Value (SOV) and Pollution Liability (PLL) report with Real Estate and insurance broker
Maintain the Named Insured schedule
Develop and maintain the database of all Mountain West vehicles (owned and leased) for the annual
auto insurance audit
Partner with insurance broker to provide COIs and Surety bonds as needed
Provide insurance support to AAA Mountain West
- Provides, acquires and exchanges information with business partners. Acts as a liaison and provides coaching to the business partners to ensure data quality.
- Resolves escalated and/or complicated customer inquiries and concerns. Brings unresolved issues to management with recommendation on how to proceed.
- Prepares a variety of management reports and analyses which include summaries of financial impact, new services or procedures/policies.
- May participate in Accounting Services projects to include the development of new systems, products and entities.
- Document processes and procedures for activities and workflows.
- Sound knowledge of insurance business practices and procedures as related to AAA members and statutory requirements
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Sound analytical and organizational skills
- Sound account analysis and reconciliation skills to handle work of moderate complexity
- Sound skills in Workday, Excel, Word and ARCHER
- Skills to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally to management
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
- 4-6 years previous relevant work experience: contract review, insurance claims, customer interaction (Required)
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on Business Administration, Finance or Accounting (Required)
We’ll value your skills and experience. We’re building a performance organization with heart and developing a pipeline of tomorrow’s leaders. Your work will be enhanced with training opportunities, a mentoring program and our Promote-from-within philosophy. We celebrate our diversity and leverage the power of many minds.