Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Work with the development and support teams to understand root causes and ensure that test cases are updated to address coverage gaps.
- Test and verify the quality of server and client products. Write and maintain documents of test cases, test plans, and test systems.
- Develop and maintain tools and automation frameworks to allow quick testing of products under a variety of scenarios.
- Specifying, designing, validating, documenting, and maintaining system operations test strategies including functional tests, customer scenario testing, stress testing, performance testing, scalability testing, system and subsystem tests.
- 4+ years of QA or development experience with distributed server-side software.
- A high degree of independent thought and self direction. You must have outstanding communication and influencing skills and be able to work with globally distributed teams and be comfortable in a fast paced environment with competing priorities and rapid release cycles.
- Extensive knowledge of software QA design and methodologies. Must have the ability to apply knowledge and experience in solving complex problems that require in-depth evaluation.
- Experience with QA automation, especially with large scale system testing.
- Proficiency in Python and bash scripting
- Proficiency with Linux and networking.
- Distributed systems, NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, Redis), storage systems knowledge.
- Experience with Github, Jenkins.
- BS/BA degree or better