Seeking professional, reliable, and effective barbers to travel to Department of Juvenile Service Facilities located throughout the State of Maryland to provide hair care services to male youth.
Days and shifts vary but will be scheduled 24 hours in advanced.
Compensation ranges between $7.50 and $10.00 per service and mileage at $.50 for any services performed beyond a 30 mile radius from Baltimore City. Barbers are allotted up to 25 minutes to perform each service.
- haircut (antiseptic treatments after haircut to prevent razor bumps);
- shape-up/line-up (antiseptic treatments after haircut to prevent razor bumps);
- conditioner/moisturizing pomade/style (twist - curl sponge or twisting tool); and
- combo combination (any combination of 2 or more of the services listed above).
- must have drivers license
- must have your own reliable transportation
- must have personal cell phone
- must be licensed by the Maryland Board of Barbers
- must pass a background check
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Maryland Board of Barbers (Required)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Saturday (Preferred)
- Sunday (Preferred)
- What is your Maryland Board of Barbers license number?
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma