**C2C and STEM-OPT are not available**
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Location: Seattle, WA 98104 or St. Louis 63141
Duration: 6 months
Software Development Test Engineer
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) you will function as the test expert for a product delivery team, helping the team deliver web applications and backend web services that are functional, usable, accurate, robust, scalable, and performant. You will consume, contribute to, and help others adopt various test frameworks and tools to assist the team in their goals to deliver high quality software in a timely fashion.
Must have 5 - 10 years of QA experience. 2+ years of API testing. Will work on back end Web Services (API & Automation testing). Must have either MAC or UNIX experience to be considered.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with engineers and product owners to deliver effective and reliable test suites for various features and services
- Gain a deep understanding of our end-to-end architecture. Develop and document test strategies for effectively testing our systems.
- Create performance / capacity test plans; assist with performance testing of backend systems
- Be a champion for engineering best practices
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure appropriate integration tests are created and executed
- Help with infrastructure / tooling as required for efficiency
- Conduct exploratory testing of new features; assist with manual regression testing as needed
- Find great bugs, document them effectively, and validate fixes in a timely manner
- Be willing to take on other responsibilities and tackle a variety of engineering and testing problems
- 5+ years experience in a Tester/SDET role where you played an active part in finding bugs and improving product quality and team practices
- Min 2 years experience with a mainstream source code management tool, such as Git, Subversion, Mercurial
- Experience testing APIs
- Experience with test case management tools such as TestRail, TFS, Quality Center
- Experience with AWS or similar distributed cloud architecture (S3, EC2, and ECR in particular)
- Experience troubleshooting issues by analyzing stored logs using Splunk, ELK/Logstash or similar
- Results-oriented self-starter with collaborative mindset