The front desk clerk performs routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work in answering telephones, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, data processing, and record-keeping.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains office procedures and assists with administrative tasks.
- Answers central telephone system and directs calls accordingly.
- Receives the public and answers questions, in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries from employees, patients and others and refers, when necessary, to the appropriate manager, co-worker, healthcare giver, or department.
- Operates office machines and computers as required to ensure patients are processed correctly and effectively.
- Duplicates and distributes materials as necessary.
- Composes, types and edits correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material.
- Assists patients with the use of the practice / clinic facilities or services.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures in performing job duties and responsibilities while supporting a culture of high quality and great customer service.
Education, Licensure & Certification Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- One (1)+ year of retail or clinical front desk experience, preferred
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Management and organizational skills to support the leadership of this function
- Ability to follow or provide verbal & written instructions with sufficient grammar and spelling skills to avoid mistakes or misinterpretations
- Interpersonal skills to support customer service, functional, and team mate support needs
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Mathematical and/or analytical ability for basic to intermediate problem solving
- Basic to intermediate computer operation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Specialty knowledge of systems relating to job function
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations for this position; general understanding of HIPAA guidelines
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.