Reporting directly to the Vice President, Service Delivery Division, (VP), the VP Executive Assistant (hereinafter “Executive Assistant” or “EA”) provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The EA serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the VP. The EA also serves as a liaison to the Senior Vice President (SVP) and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts. The EA must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and customer service oriented. The EA must demonstrate the ability to work in an environment that due to its emergency services oriented nature handle high stress combined with time compression. As an extension of the VP, the EA must be able to provide leadership, continuity of operations and a strong consistent voice to accomplish the objectives of the organization.
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication; administrative, analytical, and organizational skills; and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The EA will demonstrate the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
The Executive Assistant reports to the VP. The EA and the VP may work closely on projects, initiatives or organizational/operational issues.
The Executive Assistant position shall be located in the WDS’ Bozeman Office with occasional business travel as necessary.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the VP including: managing an active calendar of appointments; creating and completing a variety of financial and operational reports; developing and monitoring KPI’s to support business decisions using the most up to date financial and performance data; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the VP's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the VP's time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the VP, with the Executive Management Team (“EMT”) members, Senior Managers, staff, and others, on matters related to VP initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the VP, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the VP's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management.
- Works closely and effectively with the VP to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer", having a sense for the issues taking place within the organization and keeping the VP updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the VP, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the VP's ability to effectively lead.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Performs meeting organization, scheduling, reporting and note taking. Will be attending many of the same meeting as the VP to ensure that reporting and note taking occurs quickly after each meeting.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the VP's administrative liaison to the Senior Vice President.
- Assists Executive Management Team (“EMT”) with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in all relationships with all EMT members
Senior Management Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Management Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
- May be required to assist the VP in strategic management of projects or initiatives assigned to direct reports and report the progress of such assignments.
Communications, Partnerships, and Outreach
- Ensures that the VP's bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the VP and the organization in general
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to internal and external stake holders
Accounting / Finance
- Provides support as needed to the EMT in the creation, management and reporting of project and organization finances.
- Creates and/or monitors KPI’s to determine trends and create reports to support VP business decisions.
- Works with Strategic Initiatives teams in coordinating the VP's objectives and activities.
- Follows up on contacts made by the VP and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
Limits of Authority
The following limits of authority apply to the Executive Assistant position:
- Not authorized to communicate with any media outlet on behalf of the VP or the organization.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusting relationships with stakeholders, including staff, Executive Management Team members, vendors and subcontractors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Demonstrated ability to plan and act strategically
- Demonstrate the ability to self-reflect on personal performance and modify behavior without an external influence to incent or coerce the change.
- Demonstrate ability to transform negative circumstances into positive and inspire others on the team to value and focus on the positive.
- Strong desire to participate in professional development of themselves and other members of the team.
- Highly effective coaching and mentoring abilities to contribute to the success of others.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree related to Business or Accounting preferred
- Strong work tenure: 5 to 10 years of experience supporting Senior Executives, preferably in a for-profit organization
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Power Point and especially Excel).
- Proficiency or experience in book keeping or project level accounting software.
About Wildfire Defense Systems
Wildfire Defense Systems (WDS) is a national leader in insurer wildfire services, combining professional wildfire consulting with federally-certified emergency response wildfire suppression services. Founded in 2001 for U.S. Forest Service initial attack, suppression and mop-up services, the company added professional services support in 2005, and in 2008 initiated its insurer services programs for comprehensive wildfire loss prevention.
WDS serves a 20-state region with highly experienced personnel, a fleet of wildland engines, and an inventory of wildfire suppression and structure protection equipment. Our amalgam of professional management and field operations expertise enables us to efficiently develop comprehensive services from design to implementation on behalf of our clients. Our range of services include comprehensive property risk analysis and reporting to wildfire suppression and structure protection. The WDS client list includes federal and state agencies, regional corporations, and Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies.
Job Type: Full-time
- Executive Assistant: 5 years (Required)