GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position is located on-site at a customer location. Provide customer service, technical and sales support to customers, peers and drivers. Work closely with the customer to grow the business, while at the same time control costs. Be the direct liaison between the account and Maverick, ensuring information is shared effectively.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ability to communicate effectively via phone and email with customers, drivers and internal and external Maverick associates.
2. Dispatch and communicate accurate load information to trucks.
3. Ensure and maintain the company's profitability by analyzing the needs of the company's internal and external
customers and soliciting and assigning freight to appropriate drivers.
4. Maintain working relationships with internal and external customers and maximize profits by using telemarketing skills to resolve problems, answer questions, solicit freight and track shipments.
5. Service customers' requirements by understanding and maintaining the application of contracts and tariffs.
6. Provide information to the sales department concerning existing and potential customers by maintaining knowledge of customers' products, policies and procedures.
7. Secure information by analyzing daily, weekly and monthly reports.
8. Contributes to the team effort by recommending improved processes.
9. Maintain working relationships with internal and external customers.
10. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
11. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending and participating in appropriate training.
12. Ensures company confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc.
Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or
training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.