POSITION – WAREHOUSE SHIPPING & INVENTORY ASSOCIATE
Surplus Service is the #1 E-Waste Management and ITAD (IT Asset Disposition) solutions provider in the U.S. As the UpcyclIT® leader, we provide eco-friendly solutions that lead to the reuse of electronics over recycling, a far eco-friendlier and sustainable environmental option, and we were recently awarded the GEELA, California’s highest sustainability award, by the Governor of CA. We are ISO 14001/45001, OSHA, R2, Green Business, B-Corp, “Great Place to Work”, etc. certified. Please visit our website for more.
The Warehouse Shipping & Inventory Associate is responsible for packing and shipping equipment to our customers in an expeditious manner and assisting the warehouse team with their duties, such as inputting and sorting inventory, organizing client merchandise, separating, scanning, and asset tagging.
- Determine and track the best, most efficient method of shipment.
- Coordinate shipping (Bill of Lading, boxes, pallets) and warehouse activities, with a focus on responsiveness, accuracy, and productivity.
- Operate warehouse equipment: forklifts (certified), pallet jacks, dollies, postage meters, and shipping systems within OSHA safety and SOP guidelines.
- Promptly unload and stage pickups so assets can be accurately counted, weighed, separated, and sorted, then scan into inventory categories, adhere barcode tags, and neatly organize into racks.
- Maintain accuracy, provide required reports, logs, and measurements to KPI guidelines.
- Provide continuous improvement recommendations. Cross-train with employees for backup.
- High school degree or equivalent; higher degree a plus. Minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- Prior experience with FedEx, ShipStation, R2 and ISO 14001/45001 standards, preferred.
- Expertise in utilizing a warehouse ERP inventory system, Excel, shipping, receiving, material handling, safety management, data entry, reporting, oral and written skills, etc.
We are looking for someone who can get the job done! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the right person. We are entering a huge growth phase. Help lead us there!
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, bend, squat, push, pull, reach overhead and lift repeatedly, stand for long periods, etc. Ability to perform computer and data entry skills into ERP inventory system.
$17 - $35+/hour depending on skills, with additional uncapped upside incentives. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Profit-Sharing plan, etc. This is a full-time position in Fremont, CA. Hours are M - F, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please forward your resume with why you are a fit.
Surplus Service is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Surplus Service considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $35.00 per hour
- Warehouse: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
- Only full-time employees eligible