IVM, Inc. is the premier provider of automated asset management systems around the world. Our systems are in operation in all 50 States and 39 foreign countries with clients such as Dropbox, Intel, Visa, MasterCard, HP, Salesforce.com, VMware, ServiceNow, and many others. Our continued growth is the result of having a product that is in high demand and a team that is knowledgeable, capable, hardworking, and collaborative.
We are highly selective when it comes to this team. We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated and have a deep desire to excel personally and professionally. To work at IVM, you must be comfortable in any situation and proficient in all forms of communication. Specifically, the Database Administrator’s role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, and continuously improve IVM, Inc.’s database needs while ensuring high levels of data security and availability.
Strategy & Planning
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for all IVM, Inc. database n in conjunction with data owners and the CIO.
- Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Create models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
- Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database security, consistency and integrity.
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Monitor system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change controls for modifications to databases.
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
- Perform database transaction and security audits.
- Establish appropriate database access control levels.
- Other duties as assigned by the CIO.
Formal Education & Certification
- BS degree in the field of computer science or database administration and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- MS SQL Server 2015 and above for 3 or more years
Knowledge & Experience
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator
- Knowledge of and experience implementing applicable data security practices.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of SQL Job Agents
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Stored Procedures
- Basic understanding of C# is a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Communicates well with technical and non-technical co-workers alike.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Desire to work in a team environment.
- Motivated to serve clients, both internal and external.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $82,500.00 /year
- Paid time off
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules