Alfonso & Associates seeks a Cost Estimator (CE) candidate to join our team for a large multi-tenant consolidation project located in the National Capital Region (NCR)
- Review specifications and drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine and prepare. scopes of work and required contents of various budgets, pre-con proposals and hard bids.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to review all Construction Trades.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Federal Government procurement methodology including hard bids, IDIQ and various task order type contracts.
- Assist with pricing change orders if required.
- Enters all relevant information into construction management software.
- Prepare estimates by taking-off assigned scopes of work.
- Provide cost estimates for progressive levels of design including 35% (Conceptual), 60% (DD), 95% (CD) and 100% CD’s (an update to the 95% CD’s).
- Provide cost estimates for Change Orders as project required.
- Participate in meetings with the Developer/General Contractor and Tenant to discuss details, negotiations and value engineering if necessary.
- Performs cost research for client Requests for Proposals and design to budget.
- Develop analysis of scopes and provides value engineering ideas for client consideration.
- Perform detailed review all proposals. Evaluate proposal scope and cost against the estimates and produces analysis report; or if an estimate has not already been generated, performs a full analysis of the scope and pricing to determine if the proposal is fair and reasonable and in keeping with client’s interests. Generates questions and comments as needed for the Project Manager to coordinate responses from the appropriate team member. Provides a thorough analysis report and recommendations for approval.
- Prepares for and participates in price negotiation as needed in defense of client’s interest.
- Performs in depth reviews of specialty scopes of work on client’s behalf to ensure correct pricing is received and performs quantity surveys at client’s request.
- Generates and manages the change proposal log, RFI and RFP.
- Generates and manages a project total cost per specialty areas.
- Attends TI construction meeting and site walk through on a monthly basis.
- Escorts Davis Bacon interviews on a quarterly basis.
- Participates in the monthly draft invoice review on behalf of client. Ensures the amount of work billed is in accordance with progress that is being made in the field. Verifies any stored materials that may be invoiced with a visit to the specified storage facility. Prepares an email verifying observations relating to the billing. Attends draft payment application meetings to ensure cost is appropriate according to change order reconciliation.
- Assist with Punch List walks when necessary due to pace of project.
- BA / BS, +10 years of relevant experience in a government environment
- Proven track record of construction estimating experience
- Certification such as Professional Cost Estimator/Analyst (PCEA) Certified Cost Estimator/Analyst (CCEA) is preferred
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans
Job Type: Full-time
- Cost Estimating: 10 years (Required)