Position Scope: This position services internal and external customers by quoting, scheduling and tracking shipments on a daily basis to ensure on time performance and 100% customer satisfaction; coordinates and monitors shipments to ensure daily transportation operations run safely, efficiently and on time; maintain computerized dispatch systems, inputting data and producing reports; collecting and entering billing revenue and cost.
- Provide timely quotes to customers or sales representatives.
- Determines best method of shipment for customer satisfaction and company profitability.
- Researches and plans the most appropriate route for a shipment (taking account of the nature of the goods, cost, transit time and security) and reports to management with questions and/or concerns.
- Completes coordination on all shipments including preparation of all documentation, scheduling shipments with carriers, providing updates, obtaining POD’s and carrier charges, and performing all necessary data entry.
- Ensures service commitments are achieved and maintained in accordance with client and company objectives.
- Inputs orders into Transportation Management System (TMS).
- Tracks and/or traces the orders on a daily basis to ensure on time pick up and/or delivery.
- Resolves issues that arise during the course of the shift; escalates actions to management as appropriate.
- Work with agents, drivers, internal sales team, 3rd party carriers to resolve issues; coordinates all shipment activity.
- Update shipments status in TMS once picked up / delivered.
- Effectively communicate internally / externally all shipment updates as required.
- Communicates via phone, email and or fax.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: High School Diploma. 2 years experience in a Customer Service role. Excellent organization, communication and customer service skills. Ability to multi-task. Ability to work with all levels of an organization. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 /hour