Do you believe in empowering individuals and their families? Well, we do too. WIN Team is one of Maryland’s leading providers of behavioral health services, and we are always looking for the best and brightest individuals to join our growing organization.
Our mission is to promote holistic, strength-based, and faith-based principles within the human service community. Our goal is to therapeutically support and strengthen youth, families, organizations and communities through the creation of innovative services, products and initiatives. Candidates must be receptive of our spiritual and faith-based interventions, activities, and environment. Now is the time to become a part of a team that is equally committed to the success of its clients and employees!
Our newly formed Outpatient Mental Health Clinic (OHMC) provides individual, family, and group psychotherapy services to children, youth and adults throughout the state of Maryland. We are currently seeking skilled Clinicians to service the various Maryland families seeking behavioral health treatment. Eligible clinicians must possess an active social work or counseling license in the state of Maryland and experience providing counseling services is preferred but not required. Clinicians will be independent contractors and have the flexibility to create their own work schedule. Clinicians will be responsible for conducting assessments, providing counseling to clients, providing group therapy, completing case notes and submitting their billing as scheduled. Therapeutic services may be rendered at the client’s homes, school, workplace, the agency office, and/or any other community location agreed on during the intake process.
Overview: The therapist is responsible for ensuring that the medically related emotional and social needs of the consumers are met and maintained on an individual basis in accordance with WIN policies and procedures, CARF standards, and current federal, state (COMAR), and local standards, guidelines, and regulations. Therapist will provide customized and integrated care that combines behavioral counseling and therapy, medication management, person-centered psycho-education, and other mental health services under one umbrella to help our consumers across all ages to achieve the best outcomes in school, home and work. The Therapist will ensure the appropriate provision of partial hospitalization psychiatric day treatment services. The Therapist is responsible to execute specific interventions that will help consumers achieve the goals identified in their Individualized Treatment Plans.
Duties: The Therapist is responsible for the following:
- Develop a comprehensive social history and psychosocial assessment that includes the client’s problems, strengths, and preferences; including cultural, religious, and ethnic background and implications for the treatment plan.
- Help consumers and families identify needs and develop a service plan to meet those needs.
- Orients consumers and families to the program, its services, its service limitations, and consumers’ rights.
- Involves consumers and families in treatment planning, encouraging their attendance at case conferences or with outside providers/professionals.
- Attends scheduled case conferences and identifies and interprets psychosocial needs of consumers for inclusion in the case plan.
- Completes required clinical documentation within timelines established by applicable regulations and policies. Specifically, an individual treatment plan must be developed within 7 days of a consumers’ program enrollment.
- Mediates issues that arise among consumers, families, and staff.
- Provides linkage with appropriate community resources by maintaining knowledge of other systems, making referrals, and identifying unmet needs (e.g., recreational transportation, adaptive phone equipment, etc.).
- Provides consumers and families with crisis management referrals and or services as needed.
- Develops a comprehensive discharge plan in collaboration with consumers, consumers’ families, multidisciplinary staff, and referral agencies.
- Trains and consults with staff regarding psychosocial needs that encompass mental health, development, and diversity of individual consumers to increase staff knowledge and skills.
- Educates staff about any relevant state legislation or regulations relating to behavioral health services.
- Advocates for consumers on a case, policy, and program level.
- Participates in policy decision making in a way that encompasses an understanding of the issues and implications relevant to the developmental and behavioral health needs of consumers.
- Provides clinical review and audit of consumers’ charts and documentation to ensure compliance and support quality improvement.
- Thoroughly reviews all intake documentation and external stakeholder documentation to ensure the accurate history, strengths, and needs of enrolled consumers for effective clinical service delivery.
- Ensure the timely completion of initial and concurrent Individualized Treatment Plans in collaboration with the consumer and identified supportive persons.
- Facilitate ongoing communication and coordination of services with other service providers of enrolled consumers.
- Ensure somatic health compliance for all enrolled consumers by collaborating with somatic health service providers to ensure the appropriate access to primary care physicians, specialty doctors, psychiatrists for medication management (when appropriate), therapists, and other providers.
- Closely monitor the provision of services to ensure the effective implementation of behavioral health services.
- Provide feedback, guidance, and revisions to clinical documentation to ensure that the clinical treatment flow is clear, comprehensive, and observable in the consumer record.
- Participate in group supervision and individualized case consultations with Clinical Director and members of the treatment team.
Qualifications: To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualification types listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations – Licensed Mental Health verification is required. Certified competency in program based therapeutic models along with familiarity with theories, principles, and practices related to human development. Certification in Psychosocial Treatment Practices is preferred but not required. Current CPR and First Aid Certification are required.
- Computer Skills – Working knowledge of basic computer skills, internet safety protocols, and word processing software.
- Criminal Background Investigation – Participate in an individual background check consisting of a: FBI Criminal Background Check, Maryland Criminal Background Check, Child Protective Service Clearance, Maryland Judiciary Clearance, and Maryland Sex Offender Registry. WIN Team reserves the right to refuse hire for any individual whose background investigations result in a finding or conviction of child abuse and neglect, spousal abuse, rape, sexual assault, homicide, or any crime against children, an assault or drug-related offense within the last 5 years, and/or a conviction within the last 5 years for a violation of the Courts and Judicial Proceedings Article for Maryland.
- Education and Experiences – One to two (1-2) years of supervised social work experience in a health care setting, working directly with individuals. Experience working with people with autism spectrum disorders preferred. Experience working with people with mental health disorders preferred. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social work or related field is required. Minimum Licensed Mental Health credential (LGSW, LCSW, LCSW-C, or LCADC) is required.
- Language Ability – Ability to read and interpret documents such as program policies and procedures, health and safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions of equipment. Ability to satisfactorily document services rendered, write routine correspondence, and prepare reports. Ability to speak effectively before groups of consumers, colleagues, and staff of other organizations.
- Physical Demands – While performing the duties of this role, the staff is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and/or hear. A physical examination, PPD Screening, and Drug Testing is a prerequisite for hire.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and address a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram, and/or schedule form.
- Work Environment – Ability to withstand a moderate noise level in the work environment. An insured and reliable vehicle is required.
Job Type : Independent Contractor, Number of clients are negotiable, Flexible hours
All candidates must be compassionate and receptive of the organization’s spiritual and faith-based interventions, activities, and environments.
Visit us online: www.winfamilyservices.org
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/WIN-Family-Services/112018015529024
Our Blog: http://winfamilyservicesinc.wordpress.com/
Job Type: Contract
- Mental Health: 1 year (Required)
- Therapy: 1 year (Required)
- (LGSW, LCSW, LCPC, LGPC (Required)