The Nonprofit Management Intern supports the Advancement Team of Jacksons CLASS. The intern will work primarily with the Grants and Evaluation Coordinator on efforts required to obtain grant funding from corporate, foundation and government entities to support the organization’s services.
- Currently enrolled college student
- Highly organized
- Excited about the Jackson’s CLASS mission
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines in an environment of constant change
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Under direction of Grants and Evaluation Coordinator, request, collect, compile and analyze annual demographic data related to ethnicity, income, age, and gender of clients utilizing the Jackson’s CLASS programs.
2. Assist in evaluation efforts for organization services, including coordinating data tools (client surveys), administration of data, data entry, and analysis.
3. Assist with collection of information required for grant reports and to adhere to contracts, including news articles, photographs, client stories, and financial reports.
4. Perform other duties as directed, including prospect research through online and paper-based resources, review of grant guidelines, determining appropriate funding match to programs and services.
5. Assist with volunteer events and other fundraising efforts as a member of the Advancement Team.
6. General administrative duties such as filing, copying, communication to program staff, etc.
7. Must follow all policies and procedures for handling confidential documentation and confidential information
Coffee/Lunch is on us! Jackson’s CLASS is a Non-profit organization and we encourage you to pursue course credit for this internship, and we will support these pursuits in any way we can. You may also be considered for a position with our organization if one is available after you complete internship.
(Spring Internship) January and will run through May. (Summer Internship) Mid May and will run through August. (Fall Internship) August and will run through December.