Piston Automotive is seeking a Account Manager (Hybrid) at our Corporate office located in Redford, MI!
The Account Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating activities of the department in a manufacturing organization concerned with providing customers technical services in conjunction with marketing activities. Serves as the commercial liaison with customers, directly interfacing with customer engineering and purchasing activities
Piston Automotive wasn’t just founded to make things. It was founded to make things better. And that begins with building better teams solely dedicated to achieving excellence at every level of execution through a combination of experience, expertise, and a deep seeded passion for what we do. Our assemblies consistently set the standard because our people consistently raise the bar.
Why Piston Automotive?
Competitive Wages, Paid Holidays & Vacation, Medical & Rx Plans, Dental & Vision Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Life & Disability Coverage, 401K with Company Match, Tuition Reimbursement , Vehicle and Product Discounts.
- Support development of new business quotes and final submissions to customers working with the business development team and other functional areas.
- Lead development of all program-specific engineering change quotes.
- Manage and track assembly value add and BOM costs; resolve any open commercial pricing issues and ensure program profitability.
- Resolve all non-pricing commercial issues with the customer (special cause cost recovery) working closely with finance, production, materials, and quality - internally.
- Track all program-specific tooling/lump-sum invoices.
- Support marketing and sales activities including the development of new quote opportunities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Account management experience with a tier 1 or tier 2 automotive supplier required
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Business or a related field preferred not required
- Experience developing price quotes and managing Request For Quotes (RFQ) with automotive OEMs - prefer experience with Honda Automotive.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint (at an advanced skill level) required
* Experience selling to automotive OEMs and assembly or sequencing experience are both benefits and highly preferred
Sales experience selling to Honda, Ford, Stellantis, or GM preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,062.49 - $135,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Redford, MI 48239: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you ok working a hybrid remote schedule? (2 days remote, 3 in the Redford, MI office).
- Have you ever communicated a price change to a customer?
- Do you have experience selling to Honda, Nissan or Toyota? If so, what capacity?
- Do you have any experience working with GM?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Automotive Account Mangement: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Redford, MI 48239