Toxikon Corporation, originally founded in 1977, is a Contract Research and testing company with laboratories in Bedford, MA and Belgium. Our mission continues to focus on providing quality pre-clinical services, competitively priced, with on-time delivery for the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Biotech industries.
Toxikon is looking for a self-motivated and quality first MT to join our clinical pathology lab. The successful candidate will work hand in hand with our study directors, veterinarians and pathologists to develop pharmaceutical and medical device safety/efficacy testing protocols and subsequently analyze the veterinary clinical pathology samples. If you are interested in experiencing every aspect of the lab from QC to sample analysis to maintenance, then this position is for you. Individuals with appropriate experience will assist department leadership with management responsibilities. You will be joining a fast growing team and will be selected based on both experience/aptitude and a dynamic personality.
Requested experience (and related job description) includes:
- The analysis of laboratory findings to check the accuracy of the results using the Advia 120, Cobas c311, Sysmex CA-1500, Beckman/Iris Velocity-IQ and other related equipment. Prior experience with hematology (automated and manual differential), coagulation, urinalysis (including microscopic), clinical chemistry analysis.
- Develop, standardize, evaluate, and modify standard operating procedures, techniques and tests used in the analysis of specimens and in medical laboratory experiments.
- Oversee quality assurance programs, including proficiency testing, to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results. Operate, calibrate and maintain equipment used in the lab.
- Liaise with internal and external Sponsors regarding scheduling and subsequently manage the prioritization of workloads and daily tasks for lab staff. Oversee inventory management/ordering, equipment maintenance schedules and be primary contact to equipment manufacturers for technical bulletins and updates.
- Assist lab management as needed with assigned leadership tasks.
- Must have strong computer and general technology skills and experience with LIMS systems is a plus.
- Maintain conformance with GLP, ISO and FDA standards.
- Good interpersonal skills, proficiency with computers, organizational and time management skills are required. Motivated worker with willingness to learn additional skills and complete tasks independently is a plus.
- B.S. in a scientific area (biology, chemistry, hematology, medical/clinical laboratory science etc.).
- MT with minimum 5 years prior experience, ASCP certification is preferred.
- Experience with a veterinary background and/or equipment validation/requalification
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
M-F 8AM – 5 PM with extra time/occasional weekends as needed
This position is located in Bedford, MA.
For additional information about Toxikon go to www.toxikon.com.
Toxikon offers a comprehensive benefits program including:
paid vacation, sick and personal time, 401(k) plan with company match, medical, dental, vision care, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurances, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, employee referral bonus, discount programs and more.
Toxikon is an equal opportunity employer. As an equal opportunity employer we do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant because of race, sex, gender, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, color, military/veteran status, genetic condition or information, Family and Medical Leave entitlement, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, qualified physical or mental disability, transgender status, or any other legally protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.