To present a positive first impression of friendliness, excellent service and high standards. To greet Guests upon arrival, ensure Guest dining experience is excellent and to bid Guests farewell as they leave.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact.
- Uses visual cues to seat Guests in either the bar or dining area depending on their preference.
- Inform Guest of current promotion and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff.
- Promptly answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service.
- Manage the flow of Guests into the Dining and Bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate.
- Tend to special Guest needs and requests.
- Following all relevant brand standards to deliver Fridays Service Style.
- Is observant to Guests’ needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service (i.e. notice a drink refill is needed while seating another Guest and ensuring the drink is refilled prior to getting back to the door).
- Identifying and handling special needs or requests from Guests
- Ensuring expedient seating of Guests
- Seating Guests in bar area or dining area
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Follows Fridays Service Standards for greeting Guests
- Consistently fulfill the Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities above
- Guest satisfaction scores
- Must be able to carry natural conversations with Guests without sounding scripted or intrusive
- Must be able to read menus
- Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
- Must be able to clearly communicate Guests’ needs to W/Ws, Bussers, Managers, etc.
- Must be able to hear well in a loud environment in order to answer telephone and respond to Guest requests
- Must be able to walk and stand during entire shift
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and wipe
- Must be able to carry trays or supplies (10-30 lbs.)
PASSION FOR THE GUEST – Creates a seamless Guest experience for by being the face of the door, welcoming the Guests, and enthusiastically meeting their needs.
- Creates a strong first impression promptly greeting Guests.
- Pays attention to details; remembers names and favorites of regular Guests.
- Makes a difference in the Guest experience by personalizing service to exceed Guest expectations.
- Goes above and beyond to establish a personal connection with Guests to make them feel warm, welcome and appreciated.
- Makes the bar an attractive and exciting place to visit.
- Establishes a strong rapport with all Guests to create fans and repeat business.
- Shows awareness of Guest needs and expectations; prevents problems before they occur.
COMMUNICATION – Keeps the lines of communication positive, open and productive.
- Communicates in an open, sincere manner to build rapport with Guests and Team Members.
- Shares information with others to raise awareness of potential needs and concerns.
- Keeps interaction positive and productive; avoids conveying negative messages.
- Responds positively to conflict situations and works to find appropriate solutions.
- Listens carefully and attentively to others without interrupting.
- Asks thoughtful questions to ensure proper understanding of the message being conveyed.
- Contributes to pre-shift meetings by providing relevant updates and asking appropriate questions.
FLAIR & SALESMANSHIP – Keeps it fun and keeps it real; seeks opportunities to sell others on the whole brand experience.
- Demonstrates a unique, lighthearted style that is personal and memorable.
- Listens carefully to Guests’ needs and suggests add-ons accordingly.
- Possesses a contagious energy that translates to Guests and Team Members.
- Knows drinks and menu items and is able to speak knowledgeably to make personal recommendations.
- Grows the business and expertly upsells menu items where appropriate.
- Proactively looks for ways to improve the Guest experience and takes initiative to make changes as needed.
- Enthusiastically promotes the brand and menu items.
RELIABILITY & ACCOUNTABILITY – Works hard, carefully follows direction and established guidelines, and delivers quality results.
- Consistently arrives to work prepared and ready for the shift.
- Ensures all responsibilities are fulfilled before ending his/her shift.
- Makes him/herself available to take on additional shifts and/or responsibilities.
- Sets the standard by adhering to established rules and guidelines.
- Organizes his/her tasks in order of priority to ensure timely and thorough completion.
- Admits mistakes and takes prompt action to correct them.
- Holds self and others accountable for delivering consistent quality results.
FLEXIBILITY & STRESS TOLERANCE – Knows that anything can and will happen and is willing to mix things up anyway.
- Responds quickly to changing needs and adapts as necessary to meet new challenges.
- Displays a positive, confident attitude for tackling new challenges and initiatives.
- Handles multiple tasks without becoming visibly overwhelmed or flustered.
- Easily adjusts to meet changing demands and new responsibilities.
- Promptly anticipates and reacts to potential Guest needs and problems.
- Dives into peak service situations with energy and ease.
- Responds calmly to problems and controls emotional reactions.
- Handles him/herself in a professional manner at all times.
TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION – Fuels an environment where everyone pitches in and gets along.
- Recognizes the importance of working together to accomplish goals.
- Actively promotes cooperation, respect, and acceptance of all Team Members.
- Establishes positive and supportive working relationships with all Team Members to maintain a productive environment.
- Takes on additional responsibilities to ensure proper coverage during rush periods.
- Reaches out to Team Members when necessary to ensure timely completion of all tasks.
- Takes advantage of opportunities to set an example for new or inexperienced Team Members.