At CVS Health’s Office of the CTO, we offer world-class, innovative, integrated, scalable, and balanced system solutions aligned with business and IT strategies. With design and critical thinking, deep business knowledge, situational awareness, and multi-disciplinary experience, we deliver the trusted insight, advice, and technical leadership needed to make optimal use of technology and information assets.
As our newest Software Architect, you will deliver architectural solutions for programs and projects across one or more strategically significant domains in accordance with Office of the CTO policies and processes. You will guide and influence business, IT delivery and infrastructure leaders in achieving CVS Health’s business and IT goals.
In the Software Architect position, you will have no direct management responsibilities but will be an important contributor to the success of complex projects. You will partner with other architects on one or more projects during all stages of the system lifecycle.
Additional Responsibilities of the Software Architect:
- Provides project-level architectures for systems, applications, integrations, and technology.
- Manages and interprets program and project functional and non-functional requirements into specific system, application and integration designs.
- Identifies and solves complex design problems.
- Designs and modifies components of new and existing IT systems and vendor offerings.
- Designs integrations with a focus on performance engineering and loose coupling utilizing APIs and services.
- Manages the architecture governance activities associated with ensuring solution compliance with standards and best practices.
- Identifies risks and proactively works to remediate technical debt.
- Ensures proposals, projects, and solutions are well-formed and aligned with corporate and Office of the CTO strategies.
- Contributes to and maintains a curated representation of CVS Health’s software architecture.
- Contributes to the development of architectural frameworks, standards, and reference material.
- Participates in current IT environment health analysis, identifying risks to critical capabilities, and recommending solutions.
- Participates in opportunity and product positioning assessments.
- Provides lab and vendor support.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of common services, repositories, and utility components for the enterprise.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of enterprise-wide and domain blueprints/models for the architecture portfolio.
- Uses knowledge of internal and external trends to anticipate and proactively respond to future customer, industry and information technology needs.
- Uses business and technical knowledge to effectively communicate architecture to multiple levels of the organization.
5+ years experience in information systems architecture methodologies, architectural abstractions, and design patterns, including:
- Experience with object-oriented modeling principles (inheritance, polymorphism) and methods (use cases, sequence diagrams, etc.).
- Experience with design considerations for high volume transaction systems
- IT delivery or development experience
2+ years enterprise architecture
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Architecture certification
- Experience with any of the following approaches: Agile/Scrum development and management, the Scaled Agile Framework, iterative and incremental development, and/or continuous integration and delivery
- Working knowledge of technologies such as: mobile/web frameworks, omnichannel experience design, hybrid cloud, security and privacy, action arbitration, IoT, event streaming, AI/machine learning, consents, preferences, microservices, containerization, APIs, SOA, and/or messaging
Verifiable Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Degree in computer science or closely-related discipline strongly preferred.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.