"Carmeuse Lime & Stone is a leading manufacturer of lime and limestone products used to benefit the environment in many ways including cleaner air, cleaner water and improved soil characteristics. Carmeuse products are diversely utilized across a wide range of industries including steel manufacturing, power generation, road construction and land development, water and waste water treatment, pulp and paper production, and more.
Staffed by up to 2,000 employees throughout 28 production facilities in Eastern US and Canada, with North America operations headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Carmeuse not only offers products, but also value-added services such as technical support, application support, and logistics support to optimize customer processes.
The Production Manager is responsible for managing the workforce to ensure the production of stone meets or exceeds specifications. Participate in safety training. Ensure that preventive action is taken to avoid nonconformities relating to product, process or the quality system. Participate in the coordination of repairs during outages to maintain a safe and effective flow of work to reduce downtime.
- Provide leadership to ensure all company safety rules and regulations in accordance with regulatory agencies are observed by employees. This includes planning the necessary resources in manpower and budgeting to accomplish site safety goals and administer safety initiatives.
- Interface with regulatory agencies as required
- Ensure quality of product during process and adjust production plans to meet customer requirements
- Manage overtime requirements to meet sales, production and maintenance requirements
- Actively participate in the weekly scheduling meeting between maintenance and production
- Provide technical and tactical support to the Maintenance Team, Engineer and Production Supervisors
- Ensure the execution of the daily production plan. Explains significant variances from the plan and provides leadership for improvements within the operations groups
- Uses the production modules under the SAP system
- Ensure operations personnel perform quality work
- Participate in the daily morning production meeting to communicate with production and maintenance
- Oversee necessary arrangements to keep plant running during breakdowns
- Provide feedback to the maintenance team to support operational objectives
- Provide feedback to the operation team on goals and expectations status
Carmeuse offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that may include medical, dental, life, disability, vacation, holiday, and 401(k) savings plan, depending on your work location.