- High School Diploma or GED
Responsible for the sales of all ski area activities and ensuring our guests have the correct access to safely and legally enjoy our mountains. Actively works toward positive resolution for all issues, information, and directions in an efficient and courteous manner. This is an indoor and outdoor position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
1. Provide customers with top quality customer service in a friendly and positive manner.
2. Understand and develop an in depth knowledge of the products sold. These product categories include but are not limited to; Season Passes, Daily tickets, Adult and Children Ski School, and Resort Activities.
3. Provide resort, village and local information to the guest. Assess customers’ needs and provide them with the best product available to meet those needs.
4. Monitor Ski Data Gates by using technology such as handhelds and tablets
5. Research, troubleshoot and assist guests with potential lift access issues and resolve any problems which could prevent our guests from having an outstanding day
6. Protect the company and our guests against potential fraudulent pass and ticket issues
7. Assist in the resolution of all guest complaints; handle all guest concerns and communicate suggestions.
8. Adhere to all departmental and company policies and procedures and participate in all departmental and resort training and development courses.
9. Assist with shoveling and snow removal.
Competencies and Job Requirements:Required:
1. Effective communication skills, oral & written
2. Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
3. Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
4. Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company grooming standards
5. Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
6. Work well as part of a team.
7. Able to work well in a high volume, hectic environment, while maintaining composure when dealing with irate customers, and maintaining a high level of accuracy and courtesy
8. Ability to work comfortably with computer
Education and Experience:Required:
1. High school diploma or GED.
1. Knowledge of Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows
2. Six months experience in customer service
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Must be capable of walking or standing 80% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of occasionally carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up to 45lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to inclement weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
Equipment Used in Job: PC, RTP Software, Tablets, Radios, general office equipment