- High School Diploma or GED
THIS JOB REQUIRES ENLISTMENT INTO THE ARMY
The combat medic specialist is primarily responsible for providing emergency medical treatment at point of wounding on the battlefield, limited primary care, and health protection and evacuation from a point of injury or illness.
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
- You must be 17-34 years old
- You must be U.S. Citizen or legal resident
- You must have a high school diploma, GED; be a Senior or Junior in H.S.
- You must pass a height and weight screening
- You must be willing to enlist into the U.S Army
- Minor law violations
- Administer emergency medical treatment to battlefield casualties
- Assist with outpatient and inpatient care and treatment
- Instruct Soldier's on Combat Lifesaver/First Responder training course
- Manage Soldier's medical readiness, medical supplies and equipment
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Patient-care techniques
- Emergency medical techniques
- Advanced medical care
- Plaster-casting techniques
- Enjoy helping and caring for others
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under stressful conditions
- Interest in chemistry, biology, psychology, general science and algebra
- High attention to detail
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- High school or equivalent (Required)