Job Title: Intake Specialist/ Yonkers Office Coordinator
Job Classification: Regular Full-Time, Non-exempt
Position Reports To: Community Counseling and Advocacy Program (CCAP) Manager
My Sisters’ Place is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that has been providing support to victims of domestic violence and human trafficking throughout Westchester County, NY since 1978. MSP has evolved from a small, grassroots organization into a holistic agency touching the lives of more than 10,000 individuals each year. We provide a continuum of free services including: a 24-hour hotline, emergency residential shelter, adult counseling, legal services, children’s services, and an extensive community education and training outreach program.
- Oversee reception of callers and visitors to the Yonkers office; answer phones; provide information, referrals, and support to victims and other callers. Greet all clients and visitors to the office.
- Conduct supportive intake screenings with new clients, assessing their level of risk for further abuse as well as their current level of safety.
- Assist clients in basic & temporary safety plans for themselves and their children.
- Provide clients with information on and referrals to community agencies, therapeutic and/or healthcare services, and public benefits agencies as needed
- Maintain program statistics in compliance with funding requirements and objectives
- Data entry into the Apricot web-based client database system
- Oversee the Verizon Cell Phone Project, which provides victims with cell phone and cell phone minutes to be used for emergency situations.
- Provide translation and interpretation services when appropriate and approved by supervisor
- Attend monthly staff meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Oversee general office organization/management
- Work closely with the agency’s Director of Operations to address facility related- issues in the Yonkers office.
- Assist with basic maintenance of office equipment such as copy machine, postage meter, fax machine, telephone, and network/ internet services
- Assist with the ordering of general office supplies as needed Serve as on-site coordinator for maintenance staff and office equipment repair staff
- Facilitate parking pass registration, obtain quarterly parking passes from Yonkers Parking Authority and distribute among staff
- Schedule Legal consultations (family law and immigration)
- Submit Help Desk tickets as required by staff
- Setting up conference room and supplies for the monthly staff meeting
- Receiving and distributing mail between members of the staff
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a must
- Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma and equivalent work experience
- Prior experience working with victims of domestic violence or in a social service setting strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal/phone skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, assess priorities, take initiative, be flexible, handle multiple assignments; must be a team-player
MSP GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Support our philosophy and guiding principles, which can be found on our website at http://mspny.org/guiding-principles/
- Participate in agency-wide and community events, initiatives and committees to help strengthen our organizational goals
- Work collaboratively across departments
- Participate in on-going education and training opportunities
- Ability to collaborate with people and synthesize diverse sets of institutional perspectives
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and be able to withhold confidentiality
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year