KLDiscovery is currently seeking an Assistant Controller – International Accounting Operations for our headquarters in McLean, VA. In this position, you will report to the VP, Corporate Controller. As a key member of the Finance Leadership Team, you will provide leadership and direction for the Company’s international corporate accounting function. Individuals seeking a challenging, multi-faceted position in a fast-paced work environment will enjoy the diverse responsibilities of this key position.
The Assistant Controller – International Accounting Operations will manage the accounting functions for international legal entities in multiple countries in support of the following responsibilities:
- Liaison between local in-country accountants and corporate accounting team at the corporate headquarters
- Review and approve international legal entity month-end close schedules to ensure compliance with corporate accounting deadlines
- Review monthly/quarterly local general ledger account reconciliations, sub ledger reconciliations and adjusting entries as required
- Partner with Corporate Accounting team to ensure all international accounting data is consolidated in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist in the management of all aspects of International accounting operations, including, but not limited to, cash, accounts payable, payroll (including commissions), fixed assets, capitalized software and the general ledger
- Ensure efficient use of existing systems, and provide leadership and direction regarding the implementation of new systems and technology
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial information and supplementary reports to Senior Management
- Assist in the centralization and standardization of finance international shared service centers (including payroll and accounts payable)
- Implement accounting policies and procedures around key accounting areas to ensure compliance with IFRS and U.S. GAAP
- Partner with the Director of Global Tax Compliance to ensure timely and accurate completion of local external statutory
- Develop local policies and procedures to ensure compliance and consistency with Corporate goals
- Provide training to colleagues to enhance the technical and operational accounting capabilities of the team
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We Offer
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- CPA preferred
- 10+ years of accounting experience and “Big 4” public accounting preferred
- Solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP, international Accounting guidelines and financial reporting
- Strong organizational, analytical and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with senior management and across functions to achieve business objectives
- Self-starter who is action oriented and possesses a strong sense of urgency
- Experience supervising accounting staff
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains or AX) preferred
Our Cultural Values
- A friendly and welcoming team-oriented environment
- Opportunities for career advancement and growth
- Business casual dress
- Great location next to Tysons Galleria and Metro accessibility
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits as well as company provided Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
Entrepreneurs at heart, we are a customer first team sharing one goal and one vision. We seek team members who are:
- Humble - No one is above another; we all work together to meet our clients’ needs and we acknowledge our own weaknesses
- Hungry - We all are driven internally to be successful and to continually expand our contribution and impact
- Smart - We use emotional intelligence when working with one another and with clients
Our culture shapes our actions, our products, and the relationships we forge with our customers.
Who We Are
KLDiscovery is a leader in eDiscovery management solutions, providing end-to-end legal and technology consulting services to AmLaw 200 law firms, Fortune 500 corporations, and government agencies.
Established in 2005 and headquartered in McLean, VA, KLDiscovery built its reputation as a leader in eDiscovery and customer satisfaction with a culture of client first and success through teamwork and humility. The company has 43 offices in 20 countries, 12 data centers and 14 data recovery labs around the globe.
KLDiscovery is one of the fastest growing companies in North America as recognized by both Inc. Magazine (Inc. 5000™) and Deloitte (Deloitte Technology Fast 500™), and our President, Chris Weiler, is an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year™ 2014 Award Winner. KLDiscovery is an Orange-level Relativity® Best in Service Partner and its data centers are ISO/IEC 27001-certified as well as HIPAA, GLB and EU Privacy Shield compliant.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended, and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
KLDiscovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary LocationUnited States-Virginia-McLean
Organization 010 - Executive
Business Unit / Legal Entity LDiscovery, LLC