Mental Health Therapist (LCPC, LCSW-C, LGPC, LMSW)
Role Summary: Mental therapists are trained and licensed to treat clients with emotional, behavioral and mental disorders. They may work in conjunction with psychologists and psychiatrists, and refer patients to these specialists as they see fit. Counseling sessions may be one-to-one, group therapy, or sessions involving family members.
People might seek out a mental therapist if they are dealing with such issues as stress, grief, addiction, depression or conflict. Therapists may also work with patients who have special needs. A good mental therapist allows patients to share their emotions and listens objectively and without passing judgment. This encourages patients to open up and be frank about their emotional issues.
As part of the counseling process, they conduct interviews, testing and risk assessment sessions with patients in order to evaluate their mental condition and formulate a treatment plan. They keep detailed notes and records on their patients and monitor their progress. With these tools, therapists are able to make a diagnosis of mental illness and advise their patients on the best treatment plans.
- Requirement of education with one or more the following: Looking for an LCPC (Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor), LCSW-C (Licensed Clinical Social Work Counselor), LGPC (Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor), LMSW (Licensed Master Social Worker) with counseling experience.
- Must be licensed in Maryland.
- Must have NPI number and Medicaid number.
- Willing to work with minors and adults.
- Willing to provide mental health services for behavioral and mental disorders including gambling addiction.
- Counsel clients in individual or group sessions to assist them in dealing with mental health, substance abuse, poverty, employment or physical abuse.
***This job has flexible hours. The therapist is responsible for making appointments that fit both the therapist and the client’s schedule***
About Community Care:
At Community Care, we take pride in providing reliable and compassionate services and support to meet the needs of our communities. As a community resource center, Community Care is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective healthcare services. We take pride in providing our employees and consumers a stable and diverse work environment with equal opportunity for learning and growth experience.
We take pride in one another and in the work we do, empowering each us to reach our full potential. Our greatest strength is in our ability to embrace new opportunities and adapt to the ever-changing compliance climate. Through unity and commitment to one another, we achieve success for our team and those we serve.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $40.00 to $70.00 /hour
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: