The Director of Recruitment is responsible for developing and implementing the strategic direction for firm wide associate recruitment, and retention initiatives. This includes: lateral attorney recruiting, summer associate program, associate performance reviews, law school recruiting and relations, compensation recommendations and analysis of market trends. Additionally, this position will oversee staff attorney and paralegal compensation reviews and recommendations. This individual will be a member of the firm’s Hiring and Compensation Committee and will work closely with the Department Administrators, Office Managing Partners, Office Hiring Partners, Director of Human Resources and Paralegal Coordinator.
Reports and is responsible to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Establishes professional recruitment goals in collaboration with Department Administrators, the Hiring and Compensation Committee and the Paralegal Coordinator;
- Responsible for maintaining applicant tracking database with accuracy, including managing candidate communications, candidate recruitment process data, and search firm data;
- Develops appropriate interview techniques, training and evaluation forms for the various categories of attorneys;
- Manages the recruitment process to achieve the goals established by the Hiring and Compensation Committee;
- Assists each Office Hiring Partner with law school relations, schedules on campus interviewing, and coordinates all follow-up recruitment activity;
- Manages the professional evaluation process;
- Assists with administration of the associate, staff attorney, and paralegal (in collaboration with the Paralegal Coordinator) evaluation programs;
- Administers the firm’s summer associate program as requested by the Office Hiring Partners;
- Provides assistance to the Department Administrators, Office Managing Partners and Office Hiring Partners in the recruitment, integration and retention of new attorneys and lateral attorneys (non-partner);
- Assists with Analyzing compensation for associates, staff attorneys and paralegals (in collaboration with the Paralegal Coordinator) including: merit and market trends, starting salaries and performance ranges;
- Provides feedback and recommendations to the Hiring and Compensation Committee in an effort to improve the strategic directives;
- Works closely with the Director of Human Resources and Office Administrators to ensure the smooth integration of professional new-hires into the firm;
Other Responsibilities: ****
- Promote a best practice approach to professional recruitment and retention by establishing consistent offer letters, files and follow-up;
- Coordinate and plan summer associate program with each Office Hiring Partner;
- Manage the exit interview process by conducting exit interviews with each departing lawyer, summarizing, analyzing and reporting results in an effort to improve the recruiting and retention process.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- J.D or BA/BS degree with a minimum of four years’ experience in professional legal recruitment. Knowledge of human resource management, employee relations, professional development, compensation administration and analysis is necessary. Experience with on campus recruitment, summer associate program management, performance evaluations and change management in a law firm or other professional service organization is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year