The Sunset Neighborhood Beacon Center (a program of BACR) is looking for energetic, highly motivated and creative individuals to work as program leaders and assistants in our after school programs. Our programs foster creative horizon-broadening programming. Programs feature, cooking, music, academics, science, creative art, dance and much more!
Position Title: After School Program Assistant
Reports To: BACR Program Coordinator
Commitment: August 2018 - June 2019 (Full Academic School Year)
Location: Sunset Elementary/ Francis Scott Key Elementary
Work Days/Hours: Typical Program Hours: Monday – Friday 1:30pm/2:30pm to 6:00pm
Compensation: $16 – 17 per hour
Positions Available: We are currently seeking committed and passionate Program Assistants to lead academic, physical, and enrichment activities as part of our BACR/SNBC After School Programs. Program Assistants must be able to work with up to 20 youths during after school hours Monday through Friday.
- Must have an Associate Degree or higher, or 48 or more college units, or pass the Instructional Aide exam
- Must pass a criminal background check and TB test clearance
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Must be able to work every day during after school hours and commit to a full academic school year required for the position
- Must have experience working with youth
- Must have a general knowledge base of core elementary and middle school subjects
- Must possess strong classroom and behavioral management skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to communicate openly in a professional manner with students, parents, community partners, and after-school and school day-staff
- Must maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a high degree of integrity
- Provide homework and academic support for program participants
- Facilitate and plan academic skill-building activities based on students' skill level and state educational standards
- Give and clearly explain instructions for the assignments given
- Write lesson plans, use learning targets and instructional strategies
- Create, plan, and facilitate engaging enrichment and physical activities for students
- Support students in developing the skills they need to be successful in school and life
- Promote a safe and positive classroom environment
- Actively supervise and ensure student safety at all times
- Model positive and proactive attitudes, behaviors, and language
- Communicate regularly with the coordinator to ensure consistency
- Ensure that all school space and equipment is left clean and orderly
- Maintain appropriate, professional and kid-friendly speech, behavior and attire all times
- Maintain accurate attendance records and reporting procedures
- Meet deadlines with consistency
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and trainings
Bay Area Community Resources (BACR) promotes the healthy development of individuals, families and communities through direct services, volunteerism and partnerships in the San Francisco Bay Area.
BACR is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. Visit our website at www.bacr.org and www.snbc.org.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour