Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Dematic has implemented more than 4,500 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services, and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic Corp. has an immediate need for a Junior Maintenance Technician located in Tracy, CA. This person will function as one of the Junior Technicians at our customer site for a long term maintenance contract. Functions as the technical authority on all products that are installed on the particular site of assignment.
Additional Core Requirements:
- Associate degree in electrical engineering or the equivalent knowledge or experience, or military technical school training.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in industrial equipment maintenance or Electro-mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of PLCs, photo eye’s, discretes, control cabinets and moving equipment.
- Consults with lead technician and other Dematic personnel regarding maintenance problems, design deficiencies, and operational problems.
- Diagnose and implement corrective action to problems with Dematic equipment.
- Performs and documents daily maintenance logs for daily preventative, predictive and preventive scheduled maintenance as directed by lead technician and / or site superintendent.
- Familiar with automated material handling equipment such as high speed Conveyors, palletizers, strappers, label printers, air compressors, automated storage machinery.
Key responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Provides a high level of support during the particular shift to maintain a 98% plus uptime on customer equipment.
- Must be able to ascend or descend ladders, scaffolding, and the like with agility.
- Performs work in areas subject to such hazards as moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and/or chemicals.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner as described in safety procedure manuals. Follows lock out / tag out procedures as needed to insure safe work practices.
- Must follow procedure and direction of lead or senior technicians as required. Junior Technicians shall have the following minimum qualifications and responsibilities: Electromechanical skills, including motors, gearboxes, and other discrete components. Two years maintenance experience is preferred.
1. Practice safe work habits and abide by the safety rules in accordance with the safety policies set forth by the client.
2. Provide electromechanical corrective repairs and preventative maintenance.
3. Log all service work performed, downtime during repair, and account for equipment service requests.
4. Work in cooperation as a team with the 3PL warehouse operators.
Job Family Responsibilities:
Participates in semi-complex maintenance tasks, equipment trial runs, investigative tests, troubleshoot equipment failures, repairs and overhauls. Participates in training customers on semi-complex products, operations and services. Performs semi-complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc. Maintains documents of all inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures. Participates in the assessment of semi-complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements. Responds to and corrects semi-complex equipment faults.
Performs semi-complex work within technical or paraprofessional area. Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex. Refers complex, unusual problems to others.
Typically an Associate’s degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices. Generally, 2-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Key Working Relationships:
Primarily intra-organizational contacts and limited external contacts