We are currently building our in-house Engineering staff and are looking for a talented Product Development Engineering Assistant to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support other design engineers with new connector and terminal product development activities as well as modifications and extension activities for legacy products.
Concept Design and Development
Supports other design engineers with all Product development phases required to bring terminal and connector concepts into production as defined by the Molex New Product Development Process (NPD).
Prepare presentation material for internal and customer design reviews.
Design Verification & Product Validation
- Creates product drawings in compliance with Molex Drawing Standard and accepted GD&T methodology.
- Supports other design engineers in interfacing with internal departments (manufacturing, quality, reliability, metrology, sales, product & project management) to ensure design objectives are met in a timely manner. Assists by providing product information, engineering samples and technical advice.
- Prepares and follows engineering change requests (ECR) per document control procedures.
- Supports other design engineers with developing design validation plan & report (DVP&R).
- Supports other design engineers with internal & customer 8D resolution activities.
- Understand, support, and contribute to Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Quality (QS9000), and Environmental Management (ISO14000) Systems by following approved policies and procedures
- Some travel may be required.
Performs other work related duties as required by management.
Education & Work Experience:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Thinks about and does what is right, regardless of the consequences
- Raises concerns or asks questions when something doesn’t seem right, even when it’s difficult
- Always keeps commitments
- Works on things that matter (and knows why they matter).
- Acts with a sense of urgency to capture opportunities or deal with problems
- Envisions long-term implications of decisions
Knowledge & Change:
- Invites, values, and seriously considers different ideas, opinions, and points of view
- Disagrees (constructively) when it may lead to a better way
- Drives and leads change
Humility & respect:
- Willingly admits mistakes, failures, and shortcoming
- Gives credit appropriately
- Provides timely, honest feedback even when it’s difficult
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: E-Verify