Under the general direction of the Director of Imaging Services, Sr. Administrative Assistant is responsible for daily operations of support staff, and coordinating a wide range of daily activities on behalf of the director. Reporting to this position is the Lead Patient Services Representative the Patient Services Representatives.
1. Direct oversight of Lead Patient Services Representative and department.
2. Oversees the hiring, training, performance reviews, and handling employee relations issues for support staff.
3. Provides high level administrative support to Director of Imaging Services including day-to-day operations and projects.
4. Acts as intermediary for Supervisors reporting to Director of Imaging Services.
5. Collects, analyzes, and presents Imaging Services statistical data in various formats to for review by multiple audiences on a weekly or needed basis.
6. Assists Director and Managers/Section Leads with quality assurance programs including Joint Commission Readiness; participates in Patient Safety/Service Excellence initiatives.
7. Supports the Department Chair and Medical Directors with presentation preparations including Quality Indicators.
8. Supports Radiation Safety Officer/Committee and collaborates with radiation physicists on projects to ensure State compliance and reporting of radiation sources.
9. Oversees organization and execution of annual/special events hosted by Imaging Services; participates in organization of hospital events.
10. Oversees staff education and assures competency of all support staff.
11. Coordinates and trains department staff on various software products such as Microsoft Office and Kronos; acts as a resource person for the department.
12. Maintains competency in the use of RIS/PACS.
13. Ensures department staff of 150+ employees are compliant with annual corporate compliance.
14. Manages and maintains 150+ confidential employee files.
15. Coordinates and prepares minutes at key meetings, such as Department of Radiology and Radiation Safety Committee meetings.
16. Assists the Director and Managers/Section Leads in the approval of weekly payroll.
17. Oversees ordering and maintaining adequate stock of office and form supplies.
18. Updates and maintains Department manuals as needed.
19. Maintains and supports patient's rights to care, privacy and respect.
20. Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare, English or other appropriate field as determined by the Director preferred.
Five or more years experience in office management/administrative support in healthcare preferred. Bachelor's Degree may substitute for experience.
Licensure and/or Certification:
Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain effective working relationship with staff and all levels of the organization.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Kronos, Meditech, and PACS preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English needed.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint required.
Excellent keyboarding/typing skills required.
Ability to do on-line research required.
Ability to transcribe dictated letters preferred.
Excellent customer service skills required.
Ability to maintain confidential information required.
Effective leadership skills required