Front Office Assistant
Health Center Manager
Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi is one of Tennessee's oldest and largest private, non-profit health care agencies. For over 75 years, PPTNM has remained committed to providing high-quality, affordable reproductive services and education throughout Tennessee, north Mississippi, and parts of Arkansas and Kentucky. We have four health center locations in Tennessee - Memphis - Midtown, Memphis - Summer/I-240, Knoxville and Nashville.
Our mission is to improve health and well-being by providing high-quality, nonjudgmental sexual health care, honest and accurate sexuality education, and reproductive health and rights advocacy.
Responsible for determining client ability to pay, assessment of daily services per patient, fee setting, and financial collection and reporting of all services rendered per patient. Responsible for maintaining all computer records of payment, day end receipts and deposits of daily collections. Displays great customer service when working with all customers. Functions at front desk to create encounters and verify insurance. Also will work to schedule appointments for clients.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES FOR THIS POSITION:
- Assess patient income and ability to pay.
- Assess patient services for day's visit and enters charges into computer.
- Collects payments and enters information into computer to generate daily receipts.
- Prepare end of day financial reports, reviews reports for discrepancy and prepares bank deposits.
- Maintain start up cash for daily business.
- Provide all contraceptive supply visits.
- Provide specific instruction on the patient's selected birth control method
- Explain all FDA approved birth control methods.
- Describe the difference between medication and surgical abortion.
- Provide factual, non-biased information to patients seeking abortion.
- Maintain facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Perform functions to include telephone, patient scheduling when needed, patient flow and processing mail.
- Work with health care team to meet established productivity standards for center revenue, expense/margin, patient numbers, quality and customer service.
- Daily check-in duties include:
- Determine nature of visit, verifies and updates patient demographic and insurance information, and enters information in practice management system.
- Schedule secondary or follow up appointments and provides necessary information for visit.
- Maintain clinic schedule to ensure efficient operation for each day.
- Maintain awareness of front office clinic flow
- Maintain a proper inventory supplies for the front desk.
- Pull charts/forms, if applicable, for daily schedule and prepares necessary paperwork for client visit.
- Prepare daily patient schedules for next day's service.
- Retrieve and distributes incoming medical records and/or faxes.
- Ensure confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Develop and maintains a positive work climate and contributes to the overall team effectiveness of PPTNM with demonstrable leadership skills. Represents PPTNM in the community in a positive and progressive manner.
- Follow all State laws governing abortion services.
- Respond to staffing needs at other sites as needed.
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity.
- Adhere to affiliate goals and policies on professionalism, wait time in-clinic and on the phone, and the system for addressing client complaints.
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
- Perform other job duties as assigned or directed by management.
- Alignment with the mission and values of Planned Parenthood.
- Able to demonstrate behaviors that represent the Affiliate's Workplace Values.
- Commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Completion of all responsibilities in a timely and professional manner.
- Commitment to a client-centered approach to customer care
- Able to function in a fast-paced, high volume setting.
- Able to work in high stress emergency situations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, mathematical skills, and organizational skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Two years' experience in a direct customer service setting or medical setting involving cash receipts or satisfactory completion of Medical Assistant Program. Previous Front Office experience in clinical setting preferred.
Accepts a flexible work schedule which may include evening and weekend hours. Able to lift 25lbs. Valid driver's license and insurance.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with this position. While intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to review and change this description as needed to maintain business goals and accomplishments. Job descriptions are reviewed periodically. This job description is not a contract.
Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, disability, atypical hereditary cellular blood trait, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. PPTNM will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; and any subsequent revisions or additions to related law/regulations.