DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SOCIAL SERVICES
Director, Welfare Fraud Investigations
(Official Classification: Administrative Services Manager III)
Required documentation may be submitted only via email
starting Tuesday, September 4, 2018, 8:00 a.m. until needs of the position are met. Filing may close at any time without prior notice.
TYPE OF RECRUITMENT:
THIS TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY IS RESTRICTED TO PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF LOS ANGELES COUNTY WHO HAVE COMPLETED THEIR INITIAL PROBATIONARY PERIOD AND ARE CURRENTLY HOLDING A PAYROLL TITLE AT THE LEVEL OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER III.
Essential Job Functions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the operations of a large group of investigation teams in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements objectives, goals, policies, and procedures within the framework of department-wide policy.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, directs, and evaluates, through subordinate administrators and supervisors, the work of teams of investigators.
- Directs the administrative functions of the teams, including the selection, development, discipline and evaluation of administrative and supervisory personnel, preparation of statistical and other reports, and housekeeping functions.
- Determines investigative priorities based on workload and potential of successful prosecution and makes assignments to Section staff accordingly.
- Interprets policies and procedures in terms of their specific application to welfare fraud investigations.
- Directs and may participate in conducting more complex and sensitive investigations; serves as a field supervisor and commander for field operations (e.g., search warrants, arrest warrants, surveillance security operations, and undercover operations).
- Collaborates with management District Attorney staff regarding significant issues with fraud investigations (e.g., investigation assignment, investigation plan, obstacles, overall status, etc.).
- Directs the coordination of investigative operations with outside law enforcement agencies; maintains cooperative relations with representatives from other law enforcement agencies, other internal/external agencies and the public.
- Maintains close liaison with the Bureau of Workforce Services Districts; advises District's regarding welfare fraud investigation policies, procedures, and issues.
- Ensures that written recommendations are based on sufficient findings of facts and conform with welfare laws and regulations.
- Reviews and approves welfare fraud case referrals to the District Attorney which meet the criteria standards for filing of criminal complaints.
- Directs and participates in the analysis of proposed legislation which affects welfare fraud investigations and/or prosecutions.
- Directs and participates in the analysis and interpretation of Federal and State regulations regarding fraud investigations, and the preparation of directives and instructions to implement changes in investigative policies and procedures dictated by these regulations.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of investigative techniques, welfare and institution codes and regulations and penal codes.
- Holds a Peace Officer designation set forth in the California Government Code.
- Law enforcement experience for a police or criminal investigation agency.
- Experience in directing field investigations for a governmental organization.
To apply, please send an email with Administrative Services Manager III, TRSS1004A, in the subject line to Alvin Martin at AlvinMartin@dpss.lacounty.gov or Lusine Asryan at LusineAsryan@dpss.lacounty.gov. To be considered, all of the following documents must be attached to your email:
2. Letter of Interest
3. Copies of last two (2) performance evaluations; and
4. Copies of last two (2) years prime variances only time history.
For questions regarding this transfer opportunity, please contact:
Phone Number: (562) 566-7507
Phone Number: (562) 566-7505
There is a vacancy at the following location:
Department of Public Social Services
Welfare Fraud Prevention & Investigation Section
12000 S. Hawthorne Blvd.,
Hawthorne, CA 90250
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOT A BULLETIN FOR A CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION