Full-time | Part-time$13 - $15 an hour
- Driver's License
Full Job Description
Assist in maintaining and implementing the Festival of Lights show, and provide our guests with exceptional support and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interact with the public with a cheerful and positive attitude, solve guest problems and complaints in a proper manner, and maintain harmonious working relationships with fellow employees.
- Operate equipment for maintenance of roads and grounds such as: blowers and vacuums, chainsaws, drill and auger, power trimmers and edger’s, utility carts, tractors, lawnmowers, spreaders, tillers, snow blowers, log-splitter, push cart or wheelbarrow, trailers, and one ton dump truck
- Able to use hand tools for maintenance of grounds such as: shovel, trowel, rake, cultivator, posthole digger, broom, axe, saw, forks, pruners, loppers, and shears
- Cuts/trims around FOL displays.
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth and remove damaged leaves, branches, or stems
- Remove snow from walks, roads, and driveways; spread chemicals on public passageways to prevent ice buildup
- Keep grounds, drainage ditches, and culverts free of litter and debris (including dead animals).
- Where designated, collect garbage and debris from Park Commission facilities that do not have outside garbage service
- Maintain clearance, make minor repairs, and paint fences and gates
- Performs minor maintenance and repairs to equipment, facilities, benches, and trash receptacles
- Apply fertilizers; and if licensed, apply pesticides
- Perform minor repairs to roadways
- Paint, inspect, wire, and repair Festival of Lights displays (non-licensed electrical work)
- Assist in maintaining inventory of Festival of Lights displays, supplies, and materials
- Inspect and repair light strings for Festival of Lights displays and ability to follow display light pattern (non-licensed electrical work)
- Assist with construction and installation of light displays, landscape lighting, and facility decoration
- Assist with the removal of dead and/or damaged trees and shrubs
- Split, stack, and deliver firewood
- Assist in set-ups for special events
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $15.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Following current CDC Guidelines
- Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location