Special V- Field Marketing
An experienced community marketer that assists in leading the implementation of best-in-class consumer-facing activations under the field marketing capability for GuideWell Connect clients. Assists in the market-analysis of community outreach platforms and develops market recommendations to Sr. Manager Field Marketing for business development within the field marketing (grassroots/retail/events) platform. Using in-market knowledge and creating/leveraging community relationships to optimize business development for clients (and stakeholders).
Manages the assigned activations and facilitation in accordance to the compliance regulations and standards of effectiveness set forth in the scorecard and SLAs/SOWs to include but not limited to logistical support, onsite management, presentation facilitation, and so forth for activations such as: sporting events, lifestyle events, educational seminars/workshops, etc. Accountable for regional database updates on a county-by-county level, developing recommendations for new partnerships and venues for activations.
This role requires working closely with Field Marketing Managers Planning and Logistics and Sr. Manager to ensure knowledge of integration concerning GWC marketing verticals such as Advertising, Planning, Media, Direct Marketing, Database Marketing, Retail, TeleSales, Social Media, PR, Member Communications, Local Presence, Community Affairs, Brand and Segment Leaders, Sales Directors and Area Management, Local Market Presidents and their staff, Customer Experience/Multicultural Marketing, Service, Care and other Florida Blue partners involved with the launch and sustaining of brands, products, services and provider arrangements.
Essential Job Functions
Field Marketing Community Outreach and Business Development
- Work closely with Sr Manager on his/her Community Outreach and Business Development Plan (and field recommendations) to assist in engaging client stakeholders in local events and sponsorships, and support local offices in their event plan to include but not limited to Local Presence, Retail, Community Affairs, Sales, etc.
- Work directly with local community relations managers and business development managers in the area offices to participate in marketing events and assist with their respective event plans when needed providing insight as the Field Marketing Representative on catalogue of activation services to enhance activations.
- Assist in developing customized Field Marketing strategies and plans for programs/tactics and promotional platforms for each market and opportunity area where clinics, partnerships, retail centers and product opportunities are located, with a strong focus on opportunity/multicultural audiences.
- Assist in creating a business development plan for leveraged opportunities for revenue generation for GWC Field Marketing; through standard activation platform catalogue of services development and customizable solutions for potential clients.
Field Marketing Activation Prep and Onsite Management
- Manage the fulfillment of activation strategies and project plans to include collateral, promotional items, actors, equipment, etc. associated with the Effectiveness Index.
- Manage the activation compliance standards for all Field Marketing activities within market (coordinating with Sales, Retail and Product to ensure alignment for Field Marketing actors).
- Manage use of internal and external resources and track allocated budget, provided per program by requesting clients through SLAs, SOWs or WorkFront Traffic systems.
- Manage the process to report event metrics.
Field Marketing Facilitator Services
- Maintain 2-15 License to provide compliant fulfillment as primary actor in the delivery of various educational, sales and outreach activities for specific GWC clients SLA (Florida Blue Medicare and U65 Segments) for such contracted programs as: New Member Meetings, Approaching Medicare Meetings, Annual Notice of Change Meetings, and Employer Group Waiver Program Seminars.
- Participate in sales roadshows and product meetings to ensure industry and product knowledge are up-to-date.
- Review all CSR and Sales Bulletins, and other notifications) to ensure current information is known and accessible for in-field consumer Q&As.
- Ensure event management steps (outlined above) are conducted in correlation with the effectiveness index on the Field Marketing scorecard (collateral, actors, venue, etc.).
Channel Support & Compliance
- Serve as liaison with Regional Sales Managers for Compliance Coaching for agents (all agents meeting, one-on-one, Q&As, etc.).
- Provide reminder communications to individual agencies pre and post sessions.
- Escalation point for Sales Seminar issues with frontline agents (CGA/Retail).
- Serve as liaison with BEIC for proctoring services.
- Serve as proctor for BEIC on agents (CGA/Retail) to identify issues, training gaps, etc. following formal reporting process.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing/Advertising, or related field/ equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in work experience in Event Management, Grassroots and Tour activations, Social Media, Viral/WOM Marketing, Field Marketing, Advertising, PR, Campaign Integration, marketing strategy and multicultural consumer engagement.
- Demonstrated program management, asset optimization, and coordination experience.
- Must be able to influence without authority and work with all levels of the enterprise.
- Must have good interpersonal skills for use at working consumer and business decision maker facing interactions and lead team to comply at all activations.
- Must be able to multi-task under pressuring deadlines and manage cross-functional teams, agencies and direct reports through tight schedules.
- Ability to persuade and build credibility in order to gather satisfaction information, facilitate evaluation processes, and perform business development functions.
- Must have a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems, both independently and as part of a team. Will demonstrate the ability to develop cohesive solutions that benefit the entire organization.
- Minimum 25-35% travel required.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Superior presentation delivery skills, demonstrated by experience in managing large audiences.
- Florida 2-15 Life, Health and Variable Annuity Licensure, or ability to obtain within 60 days of accepting position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and Share Point.
- 50% Travel. Overnight travel, which may include weekends. Frequent travel during Annual Election Period and Open Enrollment Period (October - February).
- For South Florida position, Bilingual is required: Spanish
- Graduate degree in related field.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of health care industry, to include Health Care Reform and Medicare.
- Product development, marketing or sales experience.