Are you interested in joining a leading Virtual Design and Construction technology services company? VIATechnik is the global leader in Virtual Design and Construction. We have 130+ digital experts in 7 global offices. The firm’s services include Virtual Design & Construction (VDC), Building Information Modeling (BIM), Computational BIM, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Scheduling, 4D, and Digital Fabrication. The firm works on the largest and most interesting projects such as Apple’s new headquarters, the Tesla Gigafactory, LaGuardia Airport, Hudson Yards, the Atlanta Falcons Stadium, Chase Arena, and many more. Our team is made up of leading professionals, technologists, architects, and engineers who have a passion for solving problems and a thirst for learning. We are results driven, creative solution finders and enjoy putting ourselves in our clients’ shoes. The VDC / BIM Specialist will work at our Scottsdale office.
- Understanding of architecture, engineering or construction
- Experience in working on construction projects
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and management of teams of BIM Engineers and Specialists.
- Work with executive and director teams to promote a culture of technology adoption and innovation both within the company and the AEC industry in general.
- Leading & participating in R&D efforts. Primary R&D focuses include data integration and analytics, machine learning, and topics focused on the future of AEC technology.
- BIM Consulting and Management opportunities aimed at keeping a pulse on the state of the industry, understanding and advancing BIM adoption, and experiencing live implementation of people, process, and technology.
- Project management of advanced BIM projects including 3D BIM creation, clash detection, clash resolution, 4D simulations, 5D quantity/cost analysis, point cloud to BIM, virtual reality, augmented reality, and other BIM applications.
- Apply computational BIM workflows to achieve optimal and efficient solutions for design and construction processes.
- Integration of BIM and Lean processes to achieve optimized BIM processes.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency improvements. Enhance VIATechnik goal of continuous improvement within our company, for our clients, and for the industry.
- Responsible for on-time completion, overall budget, quality, and client satisfaction on projects.
- Serve as an interface to client and cultivate client relationships.
- Learn and present new BIM and technology applications for our team and clients.
- Travel to client site and other VIATechnik company locations.
- Work with executive team and business development team to bring in new BIM and Construction Management projects. Identify sales opportunities and potential clients & projects. Create proposals related to identified prospects.
- Contribute to VIATechnik culture of professional development and knowledge sharing by participating in and leading training efforts.
Job Type: Full-time