Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
Come join the largest public hospital system in the nation! Every day, we work together to make an extraordinary difference in the health and well-being of each individual we serve – without exception. Join our team and help us create a positive human experience.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan is the community hospital of choice for residents of East Harlem, northern Manhattan, and neighboring communities. The hospital provides culturally-sensitive care in a welcoming and hospitable setting, emphasizing primary care medicine and utilizing the latest advances in medical science. Metropolitan delivers high quality health services with compassion, dignity, and respect to all, without exception. Since its founding in 1875, the hospital has been affiliated with New York Medical College, representing the oldest partnership between a hospital and a private medical school in the United States. Metropolitan is a part of the NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest municipal hospital and health care system in the country.
Under general supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer, assists with the planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and evaluating of nursing service and education programs of the hospital, and Behavioral Health Services for the Nursing Department.
- Nurse Executive Certification (NE-BC) or Nurse Executive Advanced Certification (NEA-BC)
- A minimum of 10 years of nursing experience, and a minimum of three (3) years of clinical and/or managerial experience in an acute care psychiatric of Behavioral Health setting;
- Knowledge of healthcare standards: OASAS, OMH, etc.
- Familiar with Joint Commission Behavioral Health Care Accreditation;
- Familiar with certification as a Medicare and or Medicaid hospital.
1. Licensed and currently registered to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State; and,
2. A Master's Degree in Nursing Administration or an equivalent field, and a minimum of four years of high-level responsible experience in nursing administration, three years of which shall have been in a hospital; or,
3. A satisfactory equivalent. However, all candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $76,389.00 to $203,010.00 /year