The overall purpose of this position is to conduct a variety of administrative projects and support the financial aspects of the marketing team. It plays an important role in support of the team in ensuring all projects are properly approved, funded, and follow proper financial and contractual procedures and can be completed on schedule. The role also includes some event management and logistics responsibilities. This position will need to effectively communicate and work with marketing managers, product managers, sales management, accounting, legal, as well as other departments.
The role reports to the Director of Product Marketing and supports the Product Marketing team as outlined below.
Maintains annual program budgets, and individual program accounts, tracks expenditures, and reconciles financial records to ensure all critical projects are appropriately funded and department manages to budget
Creates and maintains vendor contracts, purchase orders, pays invoices, and conducts monthly reconciliation of the financial reports and properly allocate funds to GL accounts
Conducts periodic reporting to management to ensure department stays on budget, optimizing use of available funds and efficiently managing expenses and finding cost-savings
Coordinates logistics of select promotional events include scheduling customer breakfasts, luncheons, receptions, advisory councils, partner meetings and other social events, including communication with attendees and status report to management
Coordinates preparations for Library Advisory Council eventwhich includes recruiting new members to tracking alumni,scheduling meetings and presentations, selecting venue for annual meeting, assisting with travel and lodging arrangements, ground transportation, and social functions during meeting, etc.
Prepares promotional items needed for customer meetings and events as well as some advertising schedules; Negotiates rates, manages insertion order records and properly allocates funds to GL accounts.
Helps organize and supports a range of meetings, events and conferences.
Represents IEEE at industry conferences or customer events, as needed.
Coordinates, tracks, and facilitates payment for IEEE sponsorship activities
Works on specialized adhoc marketing projects as needed in support of Product Marketing team goals and initiatives.
Education and Experience:
Skills & Other Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Marketing or other business related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ yrs related experience developing skills outlined above required, particularly in finance tracking and budgeting, contracts, reporting and working with procurement
- Related administrative and/or budget experience a must
- Knowledge of budgeting procedures and contract negotiation and procedures
- Experience coordinating projects across multiple teams required
- Experience in event coordination and meeting planning
- Exceptional administrative, organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Excellent computer literacy required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Word). Comfortable learning new software systems to work with company business systems. Proficiency in business software systems such as Oracle preferred
- Knowledge of WebEx, Live Meeting, and other internet meeting software
- Ability to efficiently collaborate with numerous internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to communicate with professionalism and competency, interpersonal skills and the ability to share thoughts and ideas with marketing colleagues. Strong oral and written communications skills to write professional level correspondence and documents
- Ability to adjust to and work with teams locally and internationally
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
General Administrative Support
United States-New Jersey-Piscataway
Apr 16, 2019, 6:39:07 AM