SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LAUNCH TECHNICIAN, FABRICATION (STARSHIP) - TEMPORARY POSITION
- Fabricate and repair hardware and equipment
- Build and maintain production facilities
- Obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits or certifications as required
- Follow all necessary regulations and appropriate SpaceX procedures including quality policies, safety policies, OSHA, EPA, NIOSH, NFPA, ASME, NEC, etc.
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 1 year; through July 2020
- LOCATION: Cape Canaveral, FL and Cocoa, FL
- SHIFT: 2nd Shift (3:30 PM - 12:00 AM)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years industrial experience such as installing pipe and components, bending stainless tubes, or working around high pressure systems
- Associate degree
- Mechanical aptitude and experience (work with machines and general tooling)
- A demonstrated experience where quick-thinking and problem solving plays a critical role
- Ability to utilize power tools and hand tools as well as heavy equipment
- Use of precision measuring instruments
- General physical fitness is required for some work areas, flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 25lbs, unassisted
- Valid driver's license, and a clean driving record
- Ability to work at elevated heights up to 200ft
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends, as needed
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here ( https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_kb_article_page&sys_id=24d528fddbfc930044f9ff621f961987 ).
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.